“Park elsewhere”
Review of DeSalis Hotel

DeSalis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elsenham
Reviewed June 22, 2013

When we dropped our vehicle off and caught their shuttle to the airport, there was insufficieint space on the shuttle even though we had arrived at the time they requested us to arrive. This put us under a bit of pressure to checkin our luggage etc because we were then running 20 minutes late waiting for the next shuttle.
Trying to collect our car was a mission. We phone from the airport as directed. The person answering the call asked for our ticket number, and when I asked her to please hold on Ii would have to dig in my bag for it, she hung up on me, requiring me to phone back. She then said their shuttle would be there to pick us up in 10 minutes. It took 35 minutes for it to arrive. Standing around in an almost desserted parking area for that amount of time at 1am is extremely unpleasant.
On arrival back at the hotel, the driver of the shuttle located my keys, then when for a wander upstairs before coming back downstairs and handing them over.
In daylight at home I have noticed that the front bumper has been damaged on both sides while the car was in parking, but based on what other reviewers comments on trying to chase up on damage to vehicles I won't be bothering to pursue it with the hotel, just making sure I avoid the place like the plague in future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LesleyB

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We picked this hotel on the basis that it offered the best value 15 day parking package at Stansted. We ended up getting a private transfer both to & from the airport as no other travellers were waiting which was a nice bonus! In terms of the parking and transfer service we have no complaints; we landed after 1am and a car picked us up within 10 minutes of calling. Our car was undamaged and had been moved to the front car park for us.

In terms of the hotel itself I have to say I'm glad we stayed here the night we got back as if we had stayed beforehand it wouldn't have been a nice place to start our holiday. The entrance lobby is OK if you ignore the weid mural/artwork going on and they do have luggage scales which is very handy.

The room we were allocated ( ground floor at the front ) was huge with a big bathroom but the decor was bizarre. It appears that an enthusiatic amateur decorator decided a red feature wall would be great...not to our taste anyway but it was all patchy and unfinished. The bed was a double with a really uncomfortable mattress however the room was set up for a kingsize bed as we could barely reach the wall switches on either side.

The bathroom was finished very cheaply which was a shame as it could have been an amazing room. Shower was terrible either boiling or freezing.

I have to say the guy on reception ( Graham ) was really pleasant and when I asked when we had to check out ( it was about 1.30am at this point ) he just said as long as we were out by 1pm 'ish' there was no problem. In the end we were so uncomfortable we were up early anyway but the thought was there!

We didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food. In summary, I would say that this hotel did the job for us and we were really not too bothered about the issues I mentioned given that it was for a single night and included 15 days of parking which was the main draw for us. I would have been devastated to be brought here for a romantic getaway though!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lpbirminghamUK
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The old saying of when something seems to good to be true it probably is well this is a prime example. I booked this hotel as it offered a good deal on accomodation and parking close to stansted but having stayed here I would rather pay the extra and stay at an alternative hotel.
My husband and I stayed in what was described as an executive room. The room itself had all the things you would expect in a hotel but the decor was dated and the bathroom could have done with a good clean. The room was at the front of the hotel and consequently I think we heard every transport go to and from the hotel. Soundproofing was awful
We decided against eating in the hotel and as a resultl found a lovely brasserie in a village down the road - come out of the hotel and turn right and keep going for about 10 minutes.
Staff were functional but I would stuggle to go as far as to say helpful. We only paid for transport one way as figured it would be easier to get a taxi on the way back (which is was) The transport on the way there was cab which smelt like 40 cigarettes a day had been smoked in it so I would avoid this. They do have a mini bus but this was no on offer.
Overall if you don;t mind basic and a bit of dirt and want a bargain then this could be just for you but next time I think the Radisson blue or holiday Inn would be my choice

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jollygoodjo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I used this hotel for car parking for flying at Stansted. I dropped my car off with no problems and then was handed a ticket for the way back which I lost during my holiday. I didn't think it would be a problem as i had my confirmation email giving details of the car park booking and my car but i was very wrong. The man was shouting at me telling me how irresponsible I had been and that there was no way he was going to be able to find my key to give me. It seems that the ticket numbering system is the only filing system they have. Due to my good memory I was able to give a choice of 2 numbers and it was one of them. I actually felt scared and intimidated and would never use this company again nor would I recommend them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed June 4, 2013

When we arrived back to pick our car up from the hotel car park, we noticed some damage on the rear bumper, which was brought to the attention of the staff,it was pointed out to me that they do not except any liabilty for the damage,the customer service is Terrible I even phoned the Manger the following day, who did not care either and was very unhelpful before slamming the phone down.
I am now trying to get the CCTV footage,but to date they will not release footage to me,I have logged a complaint with trading standards who have informed me that they are liable under the supply of goods and services act 1982,so I will be pursueing my claim against them through the courts.
I would say to would be customers this is a very poor service provider and you would be better of paying a little bit more to get peace of mind. Steer well clear of De Salis Hotel,Stansted parking,or Oasis Parks as these are all the same company.

Room Tip: Did not use rooms only parking Facilities.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel with 15 Days parking and were very pleased with the choice.The room was clean, quite spacious, which is important as we had 2 suitcases,the bed was comfortable.It is very good that the hotel runs their shuttle bus to the airport terminal 24 hours and as we had a very early start it was very convenient.When we came back and contacted the hotel the shuttle bus was there to pick us up in a matter of several minutes.We will use it again !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just stayed here on the Wed 30th May 2013, and has by far been the worst hotel experience i've ever had. Woke up, after an early night, to find a large gathering of Ants, yes Ants, having a drink from my cup of tea that a member of my party kindly made me the previous night. There were also Ants on the bed too. Needless to say i was disgusted and opted not to have breakfast – given that id probably swallowed half a dozen Ants over the course of my sleep . There was no one available at the desk when i checked out, so i've decided i will be sending a strongly worded email to the manager of the hotel. This is something you don't Ant-icpate when visiting a hotel in 2013.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Agriculturist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elsenham
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to DeSalis Hotel? Share your experiences!