“Parking nightmare!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elsenham
Saint Neots, England, United Kingdom
“Parking nightmare!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I used this hotel for car parking for flying at Stansted. I dropped my car off with no problems and then was handed a ticket for the way back which I lost during my holiday. I didn't think it would be a problem as i had my confirmation email giving details of the car park booking and my car but i was very wrong. The man was shouting at me telling me how irresponsible I had been and that there was no way he was going to be able to find my key to give me. It seems that the ticket numbering system is the only filing system they have. Due to my good memory I was able to give a choice of 2 numbers and it was one of them. I actually felt scared and intimidated and would never use this company again nor would I recommend them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lauren B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

When we arrived back to pick our car up from the hotel car park, we noticed some damage on the rear bumper, which was brought to the attention of the staff,it was pointed out to me that they do not except any liabilty for the damage,the customer service is Terrible I even phoned the Manger the following day, who did not care either and was very unhelpful before slamming the phone down.
I am now trying to get the CCTV footage,but to date they will not release footage to me,I have logged a complaint with trading standards who have informed me that they are liable under the supply of goods and services act 1982,so I will be pursueing my claim against them through the courts.
I would say to would be customers this is a very poor service provider and you would be better of paying a little bit more to get peace of mind. Steer well clear of De Salis Hotel,Stansted parking,or Oasis Parks as these are all the same company.

Room Tip: Did not use rooms only parking Facilities.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Elsenham hotels

Harleston, Norfolk
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel with 15 Days parking and were very pleased with the choice.The room was clean, quite spacious, which is important as we had 2 suitcases,the bed was comfortable.It is very good that the hotel runs their shuttle bus to the airport terminal 24 hours and as we had a very early start it was very convenient.When we came back and contacted the hotel the shuttle bus was there to pick us up in a matter of several minutes.We will use it again !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just stayed here on the Wed 30th May 2013, and has by far been the worst hotel experience i've ever had. Woke up, after an early night, to find a large gathering of Ants, yes Ants, having a drink from my cup of tea that a member of my party kindly made me the previous night. There were also Ants on the bed too. Needless to say i was disgusted and opted not to have breakfast – given that id probably swallowed half a dozen Ants over the course of my sleep . There was no one available at the desk when i checked out, so i've decided i will be sending a strongly worded email to the manager of the hotel. This is something you don't Ant-icpate when visiting a hotel in 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Agriculturist
Brighton
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel in September 2012 for one night with 15 days free parking in May 2013. Just to be sure a week prior to our trip I rang and asked them to confirm the booking. They said they had no record of me booking at all. I sent them the original e mail and got a response confirming booking.

When we arrived the man at reception was very friendly and helpful he checked us in and explained the facilities which include an Indian Restaurant, more about that later.

The room was large but quite basic with a mishmash of furnishings and colours. The bathroom is good size with shower but very cheap and limited amenities.

The bed was quite comfortable and considering we were next to an airport the sound proofing was reasonable.

We decided to go out to a nearby pub for a drink and return and dine in the Indian Restaurant. When we returned I ordered a couple of drinks and waited to be brought the menus. The young lady behind the bar ignored us for about 10 minutes so I went over and asked for menus which she handed me. We opened them to find a piece of paper with Pizza, fried chicken and pasta on it. I called over and asked for the Indian menu. She told me there was no Indian food tonight only the food she had shown me. I queried how an Indian restaurant which features on the hotel website and literature does not serve Indian food. She said the Indian chef had not turned up so only pizza etc from a microwave.

We declined this and returned to the pub down the road for a reasonable pub meal. There is very little around the hotel so it is fortunate that there was a pub a 5 minute drive away. If you did not have a car...hard luck!

We slept quite well and came down for the breakfast. The offering was really limited and very poor. A couple of scruffy oranges on a plate, some hard boiled eggs which, for some reason, had mayonnaise on them a few slices of bread and a toaster for do it yourself. The up side was a coffee machine which you could make a reasonable fresh coffee from.

We went to reception to arrange for the car parking and the same helpful man gave us instructions. Unfortunately a guest who has posted a review on here was engaged in a very heated argument with him over lack of transport from terminal which did not fill us with confidence.

The shuttle bus costs an additional £4.50 per person each way£18 round trip which is a little high.

On our return we phoned the hotel and were told the shuttle would be about 45 minutes which was accurate. We had left the car in a space at the back of the hotel and was surprised to be given a different lot number for location. I walked completely around the car park and the car was not in the location advised by reception or where we had left it. The receptionist came out with me and we eventually located it no where near the advised location. However he is apologetic and froendly.

Overall this hotel is adequate for one night stay prior to travel from Stansted and offers reasonable deals for accommodation and parking. I would not recommend a two week holiday here but I guess nobody would stay in this location for more than one or two nights.

Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick. Room was very large... tea and coffee making facilities in the room.
Was noisy as could hear others checking in at 2am.
Left our car for the 7 days of our holiday and paid £18 extra for the transfer to the airport. Which was ok. Took 30 mins to get picked up on our return though.
We didnt eat at the restaurant as looked cold but would highly recommend the 3 Horseshoes pub less than a mile up the road. Great food and the landlord was so friendly.

• Stayed May 2013
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our room was quite spacious and comfortable, but not luxurious.It probably represented good value for the price, but service was quite poor. Once you leave the reception area, the decor is quite uninspirational. The evening restaurant has a comprehensive Asian menu - OK if you like curry etc. but there is no real alternative. The food was in fact very good, but the service was very slow, with little enthusiasm displayed by the waiter. The whole hotel had an early-morning wake-up call at 02.30 when the alarm went off for just long enough to wonder what it was. In the morning, many of our group did not have the benefit of hot water, as it had apparently "run out". We were part of a group of 20+ that had been pre-booked, and there were of course other guests. Breakfast service was even more sparse. Some of us gave up on the pre-paid option for a full English, before we finally saw a waiter. They just did not seem to have enough staff (or hot water) to cope with a modest number of guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elsenham
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,447 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,950 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,108 reviews
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to DeSalis Hotel? Share your experiences!