“The Best”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is simply the best. I've eaten Indian Food for over 40 years all over the country . Even though there is about 6 Indian restaurant on my door step I always drive over to Grays. My whole family use the place on a regular basis and we are all foodies. They all love it , and so the friends I've taken to the VI.
The main difference is the quality of the produce and the Staff and just so accommodating and friendly
Second to none

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have visited Village Indiya twice in the past two weeks after recommendations from friends. Had not seen the previous review am glad as do not believe a word of it. The food was excellent, waiting staff were very good and dishes were explained well. The restaurant has a five star hygiene certificate which is not easily earned and can only assume the poor review was written by someone not happy about the restaurants popularity. We will return and will not hesitate to recommend.

1  Thank OfficeJewely
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been visiting village India for a few years now and can only endorse all of the good comments made. The staff are excellent and we now consider Abi a friend. The food is excellent and we have friends who visit from Ireland regularly who make the restaurant there first port of call and usually bring other friends just to try it. The food is varied and different from other Indian menus and the Ghurkas revenge is excellent although the fish curry is good too.
Take away is just as good as the sit down but we prefer sit down as the staff and ambience make it a very enjoyable night out. Long may they continue to stay at top of trip advisor.

1  Thank jules364
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have only ever had takeaway from here and have not managed to actually have a sit-down meal in the restaurant. However, if the takeaway food is anything to go by, I can see why the place has got such good reviews.

The food was very good for a takeaway and the different curry's that were offered where a refreshing change from the often very similar menu's offered elsewhere.

My only concern was that I did not feel the menu gave enough detail about the spice of the curry. A couple of people who ate with us do not like hot curry's and accidentally ordered meals that were spicier than they anticipated due to the lack of information on the menu.

Other than that, the food was flawless and I would definitely return to eat in the restaurant.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

as soon as you enter the staff are attentive and welcoming. the menu is not the most varied but you know when you taste the food is different. simply the best indian restaurant in thurrock