“Delicious and friendly, great for fussy eaters like me!”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Cuisines: New Zealand
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I aren't typical burger eaters, not fans of McDonalds or Burger King but this is nothing like those!

This food is gourmet, the best cuts of meat, no fat or gristle. I really enjoy the chicken burger with Panko crumb, they are more than happy to put the sauce on the side, no mayo and swap lettuce for rocket, all done with a smile. Hubby loves the spicy habanero and fat chips, I like the curly fries. Lemon and ginger cordial with top ups for only £1 and free monkey nuts!

It's like an American diner but not noisy like TGI's, we love havimg a booth to ourselves andf there's seating outside overlooking the lake if it's warm. The restaurant can be a bit chilly so if you feel the cold like me make sure you bring a jumper or cardi, the toilets are freezing!

This is the friendliest place but not in a false way. The staff greet us like old friends and we only go once every couple of months. It can be expensive but the food really is delicious and great quality plus if you get the GBK ap you get burgers and bits for free which really makes it reasonable.

Not somewhere to take the grandparents perhaps but great for a teen date or to meet friends, we love it!

There are newer reviews for Gourmet Burger Kitchen

Reviewed February 28, 2013

these are the best burgers i have ever tried there are so many different fillings they are really big so u wont go hungry

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great food, not a posh place but very pleasant, only one real problem a little pricey if you don't go at a lunchtime in the week... At weekends there is no lunchtime special...

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had not been too interested in the past at visiting this restaurant as I felt I could get a cheaper burger from Burger King or McDonalds, but I finally visited to find out what the "Gourmet" bit could mean.

I was a little disappointed to find that you could only order burgers separately from chips, there were no meals that "come with chips" which you would expect as the two are so synonymous with each other. The burger itself was ok, it was just a simple burger which was cooked rather well. However, I have been to places before, such as pubs, which have offered burgers of a similar ilk for probably half the price and it comes with chips!

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We had the Kiwiburger and a Classic burger

Wanted the buffalo and as a second choice the wild boar. Both were off the menu.

The guy serving us was very preoccupied and initially ordered the wrong burger and added two drinks to the order I didn't ask for. Caught this though so not a biggy.

As for the burgers themselves they just didn't stand out as gourmet. Don't get me wrong they were nice enough just didn't seem outstanding as I would expect from a GBK

I've been to this chain before so was a little disappointed overall.

Would go back though if we fancied a burger in the future. Just need to be aware of needing to pay ~£25 for two burgers and two drinks.