“Inconsistent”
Review of M&S Kichen

M&S Kichen
Cuisines: British
Description: Next door to Marks and Spencer's Lakeside.
Description: Next door to Marks and Spencer's Lakeside.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Sadly the M&S Kitchen is let down by it's inconsistencies. Sometimes when I have been here, it has been excellent in terms of service, atmosphere and products. Other times it has been awful. I have been in a lot of different times of day, and it isn't even like there is a regular pattern of bad experience later in the day.
I also feel the toilet facilities let it down. They are below the level I would expect of M&S and certainly an outlet serving food and drinks.
You might be lucky - but it isn't always good.

There are newer reviews for M&S Kichen

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Myself, three friends and my daughter had lunch here. We were seated on arrival and all the staff were very attentive. There is a good choice on the menu, (all very good value,) Myself and my daughter had the steak sandwich and we both agreed how tasty the caramelised onion chutney was, my friends ordered the prawn and advocado salad, all the portions were plenty full. Our experience from start to finish was very good and we will all return and would recommend.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Dreadful experience on Saturday afternoon. Arrived at about 4pm. A panel says "wait to be seated". We waited, and nobody arived, which was the first negative point. We eventually just went to a free table, and waited, and waited. A couple of serving staff randomly walking around, not scanning the room. Eventually I got up and got us a menu. We chose, put the menu down on the table, and waited, and waited. Service staff continued to rearrange piles of menus, randomly and slowly clear away dirty tables, chat to each other. It was at this point that we left, more than 10 minutes after arriving.

Dreadful. Please M&S, get rid of this flawed concept and enlarge your self-service area. Or train your serving staff in good customer service.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate here as it was convenient to where we were in the shopping centre. The waiting staff were helpful and cleaned and reset a table on our request. The waitress was good with recommendations for our small child. The hot food was lovely with a good choice but I chose a salad and would have changed mind had I seen how it was prepared. They are made to order but the staff member putting it together was using his hands, no tongs/spoons or catering gloves. This really put me off as he was also preparing other meals as well. It tasted ok. The hot roast of the day sandwich was very nice. Would I come again? Probably.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Opted for the 2 course lunch meal which included choice of main, pudding & glass of wine - all for £10. Two of the options were not available. Wine excellent. Service very slow, food very tasty & very good value for money. I would eat there again.