“An unexpected positive experience”
Review of Shampaan

Shampaan
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is good indian food. Simply put, I wouldn't have expected such a positive outcome considering the location, but hey Shampaan has proved that it's not only about formality but substance...... Well done guys. I shall definitely return.

Mcccld73

1  Thank Mcccld73

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Had to wait 90 mins for delivery but it was worth it.
I had a meat bhuna which was fantastic and my wife had a chicken dansak which was also outstanding.
This was our first order from here and we will order all our takeaways from here in future.

1  Thank jonthegooner
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have been eating either in or the odd take away from the Sampann since July 2012 and every meal has been outstanding. So much so we have taken others to the restaurant too and they have been very impressed too. The staff are very friendly guys, very polite and nothing is too much trouble. Believe the restaurant has recently had a refurb and has been completed to a very high standard, modern and very clean. The food is stunning and all our dishes we have ordered have not been swimming in oil like some of the other local restaurants just nicely fresh presented food. If you do like to eat earlier in the evening then definately book a table as this restaurant does get busy. Likewise if you want to order a takeaway early evening then allow at least an hour for delivery as again..this restaurant is very popular but in my opinion well worth the wait. Well done guys and keep the good food flowing!

1  Thank TezEssex
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Greeted by thr proprioter was very polite excellent service a great deal of money has been spent on the place, service was very good and prompt, food was very good, all in all a very enjoyable meal i would eat here again.
Complimentary drink as we left was nice and then helped with our coats and shown to the door well done.

1  Thank jonnyboy13317
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an excellent place which starts from the friendly lads serving on the 'shop floor' to the quality of the food!
The place should (and will no doubt will be in the future) be bigger as it can be packed out on Friday and Saturday nights.
The pace of service is about right....not too fast as when you go for a curry you need to relax and chat and have a few beers....eat Indian style and when the food arrives it arrives...piping hot and really tasty....they will even make it to your taste...ie Lamb Buna Madras strength etc, etc.

It is so good that I am organising a Xmas get-together meal for friends to catch up and who I have not seen for months...CAN'T WAIT!

I HAVE PROBABLY TRIED VIRTUALLY ALL THE CURRY HOUSE'S IN GRAYS...this is 1 of 2 which I rate as the best....I'm Indian so I should know; and no I am not realted to Shampaan!

1baloo