Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$144
$130
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
The Ardilaun Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$100
$142
$134
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$102
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Anno Santo(Galway)
$80
Skeffington Arms Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$123
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,325 results
All reviewspullman restaurantcellar barlough corribhole golf courseroom restaurantbeautiful dining roomfive star hotelbeautiful hoteleggs benedictgalway cityfrom start to finishreception arearoom was largesconesspent nightscooked breakfasttop class
Reviewed April 18, 2009

She promised so much and I'm sure during her halcyon days she saw dignitaries, fat Fianna Fail senators and most definitely Hilary. We were the only guests that I could see that night and when we went to bed that night, I was expecting 'Here's Johnny'. The staff were wonderful, the Pullman Orient Express carriage closed, a rusty relic to glorious empires long gone, a bit like the Glenlo.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Merpo
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We recently stayed at Glenco Abbey with our three children. We had booked two double rooms, but were upgraded to a suite plus a twin room. Everything was ready for us on arrival, including the extra roll-out bed for our third child.

We cannot fault the hotel. The staff were attentive, rooms incredibly comfortable and the views were very relaxing. Room service tea always arrived within five minutes of ordering!

We also ate in the Pullman restaurant - a great setting and very good food, certainly the best roast potatoes we've ever eaten at a hotel.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 1, 2009

Stayed for two nights for a friends wedding. Hotel was excellent, such character, wonderful friendly staff, food was fantastic. Would go back time and time again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I'm 22 and stayed there one Friday night with my boyfriend two weeks ago.
We both lead working lives and love to get away, usually to the g hotel, Galway but this time I wanted to choose Glenlo Abbey as it looks beautiful.
The room rate was €240 for both of us, which you can expect from a 5 star hotel on a weekend.
However I was extremely disappointed. Everything was old and outdated. I mean the building itself is lovely, and the reading rooms are nice, but we were put into a downstairs room, the carpets were extremely light, there was a bulb missing in one of the lights, the bed was hard with very old blankets, the robes were threadbare and the shower was literally a drain in the floor, seriously.
Like you would get on a ferry.
We walked to the nearby pub for a bite to eat and some atmosphere, when we returned around midnight our room had been refreshed which was nice.
The next morning we got up early for breakfast, there was a great buffet but the fry was terrible, the scrambled eggs tasted like butter and there was so much grease on the plate it was sickening.
We were preparing to leave around 11 when there was a light knock at the door and then one of the staff opened the door with their own key and walked in, mumbled an apology and said "I'll come back later". I was absolutely horrified that this happened.
I was extremely dissatisfied handing over the €240 at the end of it and can honestly say that while the building was impressive, I left with an extremely dissatisfied, and slightly greasy taste in my mouth, and I won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rodeokelly
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Wow--this was the nicest castle hotel I've ever stayed in. I loved the details of the room, including homebaked cookies in a cookie jar. We also received a free upgrade upon check-in and was greeted with superb service. The room was fantastic, very spacious, big tv, and 2 desks.

Even the waiter in the bar below was extremely friendly, offering to bring us some brochures as we just arrived and have not had time to explore Galway yet.

We also played golf at their 9-hole course. It's a good course for our level (intermediate) and we enjoyed the sunshine. The course was surprisingly cheap by the way! The green fee was only 30 euros!

I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)