“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Glenlo Abbey Hotel

Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bushypark
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I just came back from a 6 night vacation in Ireland booked through Aer Lingus Vacation Store. Without a doubt, our two nights at Glenlo Abbey were the BEST! Yes, the beds were a little more comfortable at two of the other locations we stayed at, but the detail to attention and service at Glenlo were outstanding. It truly is the people who make you feel like royalty at the Glenlo Abbey! The grounds inside and out are storybook perfection. The woman at the front desk was so helpful and friendly - giving us directions and maps to get into and park in Galway, tips on shopping and dining, and booking a day trip for us to the Cliffs of Moher. The location is great for getting in and out of Galway. For a first time visitor to Ireland, the folks at Glenlo gave me an outstanding perspective on Irish hospitality. It was a wonderful experience staying at the Glenlo Abbey!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Holly R,

Thank you so much for your lovely review which we were delighted to read! It is lovely to see that you considered us the best hotel of your trip. Our team here welcome guests as though they were welcoming you to their own home which makes for a very traditional Irish welcome and hospitable experience overall.

Again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Glenlo soon!

Group Operations Manager, Tifco Hotels Ltd.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent two nights at Glenlo Abbey Hotel the beginning of April 2013, and this was by far the best hotel during our whole trip! The room was fabulous, and the whole place just made you feel like you were at home.

We was truly impressed with Maura. Loved her! Maura, and I believe the "porters" name was John were what helped make this the most memorable experience. Maura seemed to know everyone's name that was staying there, and gave the best customer service we have ever received at a hotel. She was always willing to spend time to help you figure out the best places to go, and make sure you had everything you needed. One morning she took the time to map out a wonderful route through Connemarra for us. We would highly recommend this as a must stay hotel if you are traveling to Ireland.

Thank you so much Maura and team, we can't say enough about how wonderful you helped make our stay in your hotel.

Terry and Daneen

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear missy295,

Wow! What a wonderful review! We are delighted that you felt Glenlo Abbey was the best hotel you stayed in during your trip and that you flet at home with us. Thank you for your kind comments about John and Maura, they will be very happy to hear them.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

One the highlights of our trip was staying here. The staff were all friendly but exceptionally Maura, she spent time with us each day giving us pointers, places to eat and people to talk to. I'm not sure I've ever met someone so passionate about their country and she wanted us to see it all.

The hotel was nice, the common areas well kept and a nice place to relax. We ate the breakfast which was very good.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear ptjackson1,

Many thanks for your kind review and lovely photographs! We get such great feedback from our guests about our staff. Our team are hugely motivated in ensuring that our guests expectations are exceeded wherever at all possible. I will pass on your generous comments to Maura and all the staff!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just returned from a week in Ireland and spent 2 nights at Glenlo Abbey. It was our absolute favorite place. We felt very welcomed and pampered. Maura Lee was extremely generous with her time and knowledge - her daytrip idea was extraordinary! Thanks again for everything.

1  Thank Virginia H
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Virginia H,

What high praise to hear that Glenlo was your favourite place during your trip to Ireland! We are delighted that you felt warmly welcomed and pampered. This is the essence of traditional Irish hospitality to which we strive. I will pass on your lovely comments to Maura whom I know will me most happy to hear them!

We hope to welcome you back to Glenlo!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

spent 2 nights there as part of our package deal. Very nice setting as you drive up, looks like a nice golf course. Rooms were just okay. Very dated on the inside and the heat was very high. baths were a little old as well. pub was nice, took a cab into town which was not very far one evening so location was good. Staff was more than accomodating, Maura was wonderful and very friendly. Breakfast was very good as well.

Dear Richnj_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our setting is unique on a parkland golf course on the banks of Lough Corrib but just 2.5km from Galway city. Thank you for your kind words about Maura and our staff, they will be delighted to hear them!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Glenlo Abbey Hotel is situated in a beautiful setting near Lough Corrib, about a 10 Minute drive to the center of Galway. Surrounded by a challenging parkland style golf course, the Glenlo has all the trappings of an Irish country manor. We stayed in a beautiful, quiet, comfortable room. It was warm, the bathroom was well appointed with wonderful hot water. Breakfast is one of the best deals in Ireland - a made to order breakfast with poached eggs, smoked salmon, and sweets. Maura, and the rest of the staff were attentive and very helpful with local sites to see and the best driving directions to see nearby Connemara. We would definitely stay at the Glenlo again on a return trip to Ireland.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear JCC15,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it is much appreciated! We get so many lovely comments about our breakfast which are a credit to the breakfast chef and dining room team. I will pass on your kind comments to Maura and the entire team personally.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been composing this review for over a week now because I have so much to say. First, Glenlo Abbey is the real "castle" deal. In the three other castles we stayed in within Ireland, this is AUTHENTIC! You can sit in the living room and read, have tea or contemplate the lives of others who lived there hundreds of years before you. Glenlo Abbey is humbling and thought-provoking. Second, the staff went above and beyond any level of customer service I have experienced in any country or US state that I have visited. I lost my eye glasses in another hotel. The staff went out of their way to help me contact the hotel to see if they could be located. Fourth, the food. Breakfast was delicious! I mostly loved that they use REAL silver settings. It was absolute first class! The dining room is elegant. My husband and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary while at Glenlo and had the most SPECTACULAR dinner. There were no words for it. I felt like a queen. It was one of those meals where you savor every morsel. The ambiance alone was enough to make you feel giddy. Fifth, the bar downstairs serves a wonderful pint of Guinness. One of the best I had in Ireland. Sixth, the castle is far enough away in Galway that you feel you are in the countryside, but city life is close at hand. Seventh and most important was Maura. She treated us like absolute royalty. After she checked us in, she gave us a guided tour of Glenlo. She offered to plan a day of off-the-beaten track sight seeing. That day was the highlight of our trip. We did a loop to Lettergesh beach which we will never forget. She even helped us with attractions once we moved on to our next location. Maura was magnanimous, sweet, patient, kind, wonderful, hilarious and gracious. I felt like family when I left. She even gave me a big hug when we checked out! She is the absolute BEST! I loved our stay at Glenlo so much that I wanted to cancel the reservation at the other hotel we were moving onto and stay at Glenlo. This was my second trip to Ireland and my husband and I cannot wait to return. Glenlo Abbey will definitely be on the list!

Dear Hilarymaris,

My goodness what a marvellous review and conveyed with such eloquence! What can we say but that we couldn't have put it better ourselves. You have truly captured the entire Glenlo experience in one review. And with lovely photo's! I will personally pass on your wonderful comments to Maura and the entire team here who I know will be most gratified to hear them!

Many thanks Hilarymaris and warmest regards

Group Operations Manager, Tifco Hotels Ltd.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushypark
Park House Hotel
Jurys Inn Galway
Jurys Inn Galway
#7 of 46 in Galway
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway

Been to Glenlo Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!