Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
$145
$123
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
$162
Travelocity
The Ardilaun Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$160
$81
$258
$234
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,323 results
All reviewspullman restaurantcellar barlough corribhole golf courseroom restaurantbeautiful dining roomfive star hotelbeautiful hoteleggs benedictgalway cityfrom start to finishreception arearoom was largesconesspent nightscooked breakfasttop class
995 - 1,000 of 1,323 reviews
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just returned from a week in Ireland and spent 2 nights at Glenlo Abbey. It was our absolute favorite place. We felt very welcomed and pampered. Maura Lee was extremely generous with her time and knowledge - her daytrip idea was extraordinary! Thanks again for everything.

1  Thank Virginia H
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Virginia H,

What high praise to hear that Glenlo was your favourite place during your trip to Ireland! We are delighted that you felt warmly welcomed and pampered. This is the essence of traditional Irish hospitality to which we strive. I will pass on your lovely comments to Maura whom I know will me most happy to hear them!

We hope to welcome you back to Glenlo!

Chris Austin
Group Operations Manager, Tifco Hotels Ltd.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

spent 2 nights there as part of our package deal. Very nice setting as you drive up, looks like a nice golf course. Rooms were just okay. Very dated on the inside and the heat was very high. baths were a little old as well. pub was nice, took a cab into town which was not very far one evening so location was good. Staff was more than accomodating, Maura was wonderful and very friendly. Breakfast was very good as well.

Dear Richnj_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our setting is unique on a parkland golf course on the banks of Lough Corrib but just 2.5km from Galway city. Thank you for your kind words about Maura and our staff, they will be delighted to hear them!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Glenlo Abbey Hotel is situated in a beautiful setting near Lough Corrib, about a 10 Minute drive to the center of Galway. Surrounded by a challenging parkland style golf course, the Glenlo has all the trappings of an Irish country manor. We stayed in a beautiful, quiet, comfortable room. It was warm, the bathroom was well appointed with wonderful hot water. Breakfast is one of the best deals in Ireland - a made to order breakfast with poached eggs, smoked salmon, and sweets. Maura, and the rest of the staff were attentive and very helpful with local sites to see and the best driving directions to see nearby Connemara. We would definitely stay at the Glenlo again on a return trip to Ireland.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisAustinDublin, Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear JCC15,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it is much appreciated! We get so many lovely comments about our breakfast which are a credit to the breakfast chef and dining room team. I will pass on your kind comments to Maura and the entire team personally.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been composing this review for over a week now because I have so much to say. First, Glenlo Abbey is the real "castle" deal. In the three other castles we stayed in within Ireland, this is AUTHENTIC! You can sit in the living room and read, have tea or contemplate the lives of others who lived there hundreds of years before you. Glenlo Abbey is humbling and thought-provoking. Second, the staff went above and beyond any level of customer service I have experienced in any country or US state that I have visited. I lost my eye glasses in another hotel. The staff went out of their way to help me contact the hotel to see if they could be located. Fourth, the food. Breakfast was delicious! I mostly loved that they use REAL silver settings. It was absolute first class! The dining room is elegant. My husband and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary while at Glenlo and had the most SPECTACULAR dinner. There were no words for it. I felt like a queen. It was one of those meals where you savor every morsel. The ambiance alone was enough to make you feel giddy. Fifth, the bar downstairs serves a wonderful pint of Guinness. One of the best I had in Ireland. Sixth, the castle is far enough away in Galway that you feel you are in the countryside, but city life is close at hand. Seventh and most important was Maura. She treated us like absolute royalty. After she checked us in, she gave us a guided tour of Glenlo. She offered to plan a day of off-the-beaten track sight seeing. That day was the highlight of our trip. We did a loop to Lettergesh beach which we will never forget. She even helped us with attractions once we moved on to our next location. Maura was magnanimous, sweet, patient, kind, wonderful, hilarious and gracious. I felt like family when I left. She even gave me a big hug when we checked out! She is the absolute BEST! I loved our stay at Glenlo so much that I wanted to cancel the reservation at the other hotel we were moving onto and stay at Glenlo. This was my second trip to Ireland and my husband and I cannot wait to return. Glenlo Abbey will definitely be on the list!

Dear Hilarymaris,

My goodness what a marvellous review and conveyed with such eloquence! What can we say but that we couldn't have put it better ourselves. You have truly captured the entire Glenlo experience in one review. And with lovely photo's! I will personally pass on your wonderful comments to Maura and the entire team here who I know will be most gratified to hear them!

Many thanks Hilarymaris and warmest regards

Chris Austin
Group Operations Manager, Tifco Hotels Ltd.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent a week in Ireland and had booked through a service. That said, I would not have selected this hotel for the 2 days we spent in Galway. It's nice, but very very very dated. I understand it's a historic hotel, but the furniture looked very beat up, the bathroom was gross (the hair-dryer was a wall-mounted vacuum-cleaner looking thing that got so hot it burned my hand, but put out hardly any air). It's also in a poor location for touring. I'm sure it's great for a weekend away, the golf course looked lovely, but it was a drive into downtown Galway and there wasn't an abundance of nearby restaraunts. We also barely slept as the temperature in the room was WAY too high, even with the window wide open.

Dear MTtoOKC,

Thank you for your recent review and we regret that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. Should you wish to discuss your experience we would be delighted to hear from you. Please provide us with contact details and I will be delighted to contact you personally to speak further.