“Good Indian food in Sandgate”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Good Indian food in Sandgate”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I read previous reviews and kept an open mind in deciding to have dinner at this restaurant on a fairly busy Saturday evening. I received a very warm welcome and this good start was an indication of what was to follow. The service, particularly from Apu, was excellent and the food was very good. There is a varied wine list and I was pleased with my choice. The food arrived at our table without any undue delay and was of excellent quality and taste. I just had the main course which was more than adequate. Consequently we did not try any of the other courses on offer but these looked tempting and varied. Overall this was a pleasant dining experience and one which I will wish to repeat in the future. I have no hesitation of recommending Saffron to other diners.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great addition to Sandgate”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great food, friendly waiters & warm welcoming atmosphere. I have eaten here a few times now & have always enjoyed it, the food is very tasty & good value for money. The service can be a litte slow at busy times but for a new restaurant still finding its feet this can be overlooked. I think this is a great addition to Sandgate & I will continue to go here for dinner & take aways.

• Visited April 2013
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“slow service”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Visited Saffron on a Friday night the restaurant was not busy (not good for a Friday) only two tables and we still had to wait 25 minutes for main course to arrive. Thank God it wasn't busy. I will think twice before going again.

• Visited May 2013
United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall the food is good here the only exception being a dish one of our party ordered which came out differently to the description with an explanation that the chef does not use the ingredients listed on the menu to produce this particular dish, maybe time to change the menu! Clean restaurant which is a good addition to Sandgate. The owner/manager is very talkative but does tend to tell you his problems with staffing, the local council and other issues, not what you want on a night out.

• Visited April 2013
kenley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be put off by other reviews; try for yourself”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were put off trying this restaurant by another review but felt we should try this welcome addition to Sandgate and were really pleased we did. We were a family of 5 on a Saturday evening and thoroughly enjoyed the food and found the service great too. Poppodoms and starters(which we thought were of a high quality) were served very quickly indeed with a reasonable gap while the food was freshly cooked for the main meal. We each had a different dish but tried each others. The chicken was particularly tender and house specials were delicious. I hope more people try this restaurant as it would be fantastic to keep a good indian restaurant in the high street.

• Visited May 2013