“Perfect wedding venue”

Chilston Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lenham
“Perfect wedding venue”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

My Mum was married here on the 8th February. The staff were fantastic , the level of service they offered was above and beyond perfect. Chilston park made this a day to remember. So thank you to all the staff at Chilston Park

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read that your mothers wedding celebrations were so enjoyable and that the team looked after you so very well. I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Gareth Davies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was our first stay at the hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the restaurant staff who went out of their way to be helpful and give a wonderful dining experience. The food was very tasty and cooked to perfection. The breakfast was very filling and again served very well with pleasant staff. I compare the food with Queens Grill on the Cunard fleet of ships which we have sailed on a multitude of times.It compares well and some of the food was actually better.
The room was spacious and very comfortable. We had a huge 4 poster bed that was very comfortable and aides a restful nights sleep. The bathroom was well appointed with a huge free standing roll top bath. Plenty of hot water too. Excellent tea/coffee facilities.
The grounds are well kept and there was plenty of parking. There is a huge lake that is very entertaining with wildlife. All in all an excellent experience and one I will go back to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us with many highlights standing out for mention. I very much hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.
England
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed at the hotel as part of a work event and I have also attended a wedding there in the past.
I love the secluded country location of the hotel, you really feel that you are away from it all (even while being at a work do!)
The staff at reception desk were very friendly and the general staff throughout the day were fantastic. Always smiling and cheerful, ready to help out.
My room was across the courtyard and really quirky with a set of steps leading to the bathroom. The overall Room is excellent, cozy, comfortable and I could happily just stay relaxing I my room. Tea and coffee making faculties are present with hot chocolate and shortbread also part of the selection.
I slept extremely well in the very comfortable bed and the charm of the room made me feel totally relaxed. It was quiet during the night as you are literally in the country and there are no noises from roads or other civilisation.
Breakfast was a great selection of hot and cold foods, all very tasty.

I would recommend this hotel and would always come back for another visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us at Chilston Park. Naturally it is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us even though it was business related!
Cupertino, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Lovely English manor turned hotel. Very historic feel, with decor and artwork that reflects its 800 year old history. Nice grounds, with a lake right in front and a bit of topiary as well. Leeds castle and other historic attractions close by. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious, and well appointed. Only gripe is the strength of wifi in the rooms is very inconsistent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself whilst here at Chilston Park and thank you for your very positive comments. We currently only provide WIFI within our public areas and function spaces. It was most probably this system that was being received within your bedroom, hence the weak signal. We do have high speed internet connectivity within the rooms and even some portable hubs that can be utilised for Ipad’s and the like. But I am pleased to say that we are moving towards a more long term solution and are currently waiting for an install date for full WIFI service across all of the hotel bedrooms. I am sure that this will again enhance our guest experience and help our guest’s enjoy their time with us even more.
london
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Returned to the chilston park hotel and yet again had a great time, even though there was a wedding going on it did not mean a long wait for any service. The food in the restaurants was excellent as was the service we eat out on a regular basis and I can honestly say the food here was some of the best we have had.
We cannot wait to return

1 Thank united9
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for this wonderful review and for taking the time to post it. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you so well. I hope that we are able to welcome you back to teh hotel again in the future.
Kent
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Both our daughters have had reasons to stay at Chilston Park, both adored it, and now, happily, it was the turn of my husband and myself to experience this superb and historical hotel, which is part of the Hand Picked chain. From the moment we arrived at this lovely place, to be greeted by a charming and efficient receptionist and to be informed we had been upgraded to one of the character rooms, a fabulous experience lay in front of us. The porter taking our bags was also keen to ensure we had all the information we needed, and when we saw our room named "Gilt", we were thrilled. A fabulous four poster bed - on which we had a great night's sleep - lovely furnishings of the type you would expect in a Versaille, an eclectic selection of old books which I thoroughly enjoyed browsing, and a charming en suite of an extremely high standard, we felt we had stepped into another world and back in time. The view we had of the lake, fountain and garden was all we could hope for. Throughout the mansion were paintings, statues, carvings, chinaware etc which I could have spent days looking at if I had the time. A grand carved wooden staircase, and everywhere interesting and comfortable areas to just sit and enjoy the surroundings. We had afternoon tea as we were booked for dinner at 8pm. The choices of savories, cakes and a large variety of excellent teas was excellent. Then dinner! It was just the most delicious food possible. Beautifully fresh and often local sourced ingredients, cooked to perfection and perfectly presented. We were lucky enough to be cared for by the Restaurant Manager, Paul Fermor, and if anything else could have been done to make the evening perfect, it was Paul. Nothing was too much, the service was spot on, we were made to feel valued and cared for throughout. If we had not had such a lovely room to go to, we would have been almost sad to go to bed. Yet again breakfast the next morning only confirmed the high standards of Chilston Park. A lovely lady looking after us, beautiful surroundings, and food of the absolute best. I had the finest eggs benedict I have ever eaten, and my husband said his full English was delicious. After breakfast, with maps provided by the Receptionist, we went for a walk around the grounds, and despite the frequent downpours, we really enjoyed it. I can honestly say that on returning home we felt we had been away to another country and surely that is the purpose of a break like this. Cossetted, refreshed and feeling special, what more could you ask for. Thank you to everyone at Chilston Park for making our stay such a wonderful one. Our only problem was to find enough superlatives to use throughout this review. Go there and enjoy it for yourself, you will be sorry if you don't.

Room Tip: If you can, do have one of the "character" rooms, although I am sure other rooms too will...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest
How wonderful to read that your stay with us was such a successful and relaxing experience for you. I am really pleased that so many of the team went out of there way to ensure that you were well looked after and our normal attentive service levels were delivered throughout. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future and thank you for taking the time to review your experience.
UK
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Once again we enjoyed an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast at Chilston Park and from the moment we arrived until driving away we had a fantastic stay.
We were in the Cromwell Suite and upon entry, our breathes were taken away by the size and décor of the suite.
We dined in the Culpeper restraint and the choice, quality, and presentation of each course was excellent.
Once again our gratitude must go to all the staff we met and in particular to Gareth Davies (General Manager ) who ensured a relaxed and enjoyable stay.

If your looking for a romantic, and special venue you should book a stay at Chilston Park, as you'll not regret making that decision.

Room Tip: All rooms are of an excellent standard in the Main House.
Dear Guest
Thank you for your latest review of the hotel and your very kind comments. It was delightful to be able to welcome you back to the hotel and I do hope that this will not be last time we see you.
Gareth Davies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenham
Eastwell Manor
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Port Lympne Hotel
Port Lympne Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lympne

Been to Chilston Park Hotel? Share your experiences!