Chilston Park Hotel
The Dering Arms(Pluckley)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,030 results
All reviewsafternoon teathe main houselovely groundsfour postermanor houseextensive groundswedding venuewedding breakfasthandpicked hotelscountry hotela la carte menulambenjoyable staybeautiful buildingwedding receptionbirthday celebrationthree course meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed for a one night stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary and birthdays.
Received a warm welcome from the receptionist and directed to our executive room which was superb, very clean, spacious and bright.
Dined in the restaraunt in the evening and despite them getting my wifes meal wrong the quality of the food was outstanding, all fresh local produce. Breakfast was also of the samme standard and a varied menu even smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.
The staff were very accomodating and seemed to want to make our stay enjoyable.
Large grounds and lake making a very picturesque location. Giant chess and croquet available.
The hotel is quite expensive but you only get what you pay for. will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for such a fantastic review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Chilston Park. It is wonderful to hear that the team played such an large part in the enjoyment of your stay from the warm welcome through to the team within our restaurant.

Once again thank you for your kind words and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Gareth

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Went here recently for a wedding and managed to get a good deal on the room through the Bride and Groom. The room and hotel were beautiful and I would definitey stay here again, BUT it was £10 for a glass of wine in the bar. Yes you read that right.......TEN POUNDS for ONE glass of wine. I don't get it. I think it's disgusting and begrudge going back for that reason only. Most of the wedding guests had to go to the off licence and buy beers which they sneaked out to their cars to fill up. There is nothing around the hotel so they really don't need to charge that, they've got you there! Shame, because the hotel is beautiful and very peaceful. Breakfast was lovely too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, I am disappointed that you have chosen to focus this review on the only negative aspect of your entire visit to the hotel on the occasion of attending your friends very special wedding day. I hope that other readers of your comments not only note your feelings regarding our bar prices but also the very positive comments you have mentioned in relation to the accommodation and surroundings the hotel offers. From review of our wine list I note that the glass of wine that you mention being charged at £10.00 is a large glass at 250ml (1/3rd of a bottle). All of our wines are especially selected for their quality and are a reflection of the 4 red star manor house in which they are served. This level of quality as with anything in life comes with a price to match. I also note your comments in relation to other members of the party you were attending visiting local shops and bringing their own alcoholic beverages onto the site. This is something that we certainly do not encourage and in fact is covered within the agreement between the hotel and your bride and groom. So I do thank you for bringing this to my attention, I shall be sure to follow this up with them shortly.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful nights stay at Chilston Park. The hotel is set is stunning surrounding and the hotel itself is very classy. We had a beautiful twin room, beds were really comfy, room was tastefully decorated and had a huge TV! We had a great 3 course dinner and breakfast, which were excellent, locally sourced produce and ingredients. Staff were really polite and helpful. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Chilston Park and thank you for recording your experience on Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the cuisine offered and quality of our bedrooms. I am delighted that you found our team to be polite throughout your stay.

I very much hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We booked one night at Chilston Park to stop over on our way to France , as the hotel is only about 20 minutes from Dover.
Upon arrival we were upgraded to the oriental suite , which came as a lovely surprise.
It is a beautiful hotel, with a sweeping grand staircase to our room.
The breakfast was fantastic, and we will definitely book again.

Room Tip: Oriental Suite
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Chilston Park on route to France. We are perfectly located to break up a otherwise long journey to the continent.

I am glad you enjoyed our Oriental themed room and breakfast before continuing your journey.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our third short break offer at Chilston with room,dinner and breakfast.We were allocated a room with pictures on a theme of historic horse racing. The room overlooked the lake and was furnished to a very high standard, and we enjoyed walking around the extensive grounds prior to changing for dinner.
We loved dining in the Culpepper Restaurant and chose from the varied menu and used our loyalty voucher to purchase a bottle of wine that complemented our meal.We also opted for
a jug of iced water that was refereshing after each course.

I must comment on the professional,friendly and helpful staff who dealt with us during our stay.

I can fully recommend Chilston Park Hotel if you looking for a quiet and relaxing break and we are looking forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, it is wonderful to read that your latest visit to the hotel was a good as your previous stays. I am delighted that the team looked after you so well and that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.