Spent a pleasant couple of days here as a base for Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Sandwich and Deal, all not too far away. Missed the entrance the first time, sat nav sent us the wrong way at the roundabout, the entrance is off the road down to Minster village. A warm welcome from Holly who informed us of the hotel facilities and greeted us as IHG reward club members. Our room was clean and large and excellent towels although the 'firm' pillow was rather saggy. After a good night's sleep we went for breakfast at the self service selection of continental and 3 hot items. The food was regularly topped up, the brown bread was thick granary which is a plus point, however the only fruit available was grapefruit segments (other than fresh whole apples).
Chatting with Laura on reception we heard the history of the art deco building, and Laura herself was, apart from Holly, the only member of staff with a smile, and friendly disposition. Also this Express does not serve food other than breakfast (some do, some don't), so if you are able book a table at The Corner House in Minster, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Kent's Award winning Hotel. Serving Thanet with 105 contemporary en-suite bedrooms, 3 conference suites and Bar and Restaurant. Located on the site of the Prospect Inn featured in many WWII films. The Place to "Meet, Eat and Sleep" in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster Hotel Ramsgate
- Holiday Inn Ramsgate
- Ramsgate Holiday Inn Express