“First time in a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Minster
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“First time in a Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed one night Friday 16 August 2013 to visit relatives in the area. Thought everything about the hotel was very pleasant. The inclusive 'continental breakfast' was brilliant. There was fruit, toast, lovely little danish pastries (and probably croissants - which I dislike), cereal, yogurts and scrambled egg, beans and sausages, as well as tea and coffee. We had two rooms which were close together and very quiet.

We normally stay at Premier Inns but will definitely consider Holiday Inn Express's in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the front near the road, but with the window shut and the air conditioning on, could not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMKIA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review
We will share this with all the team.
D Otteson GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel is located near the aviation museum , near Manston airport and close to Ramgaste .The hotel is clean and I must highlight that the staff is very friendly. I would say it is ok for a night or two but it is a bit sad when you stay for a week as I did . An improved lobby deco would help . The breakfast is included in the price of the room but is not great at all , the quality of eggs and sausage can definately be improved .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMKIA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feed back.
Battle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate for the second time whilst visiting the Kent coast.

On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and given our room card. The room was at the rear of the property as requested and clean and tidy. The bathroom was spotless and had everything we needed. The only small criticism is the shower curtain. A shower door would have been much nicer. The rooms are quite small and basic but this is reflected in the price.

We had dinner at the Table Table restaurant attached to the Premier Inn opposite. The food was typical pub grub.

Breakfast in the morning was of a good standard, and especially good value as it is included in the price. There was plenty of choice even though the restaurant was full. Everything was replenished as soon as needed.

We would certainly stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ramsgate again if in the area and just wanting somewhere to lay our heads for the night.

Room Tip: A room at the back is quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feed back.
Swanage, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We regularly stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels in the Canterbury area when taking our son back to University. We find the pricing of each one variable depending on demand, and we stayed here in June because it was the cheapest. It is a 20 minute drive into Canterbury down pleasant country lanes and back roads. The interior is much better aesthetically than the Canterbury and Channel Tunnel Express hotels which are nearby, but unfortunately the breakfast here was terrible compared to the others. Stay here when the other two hotels are overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave feed back.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

OK we stayed at the Holiday Inn as we just needed a one night b&b and we know what to expect from Holiday Inn Express. However on turning up we found it to be very untidy outside. It is a shame as this has a lovely Art Deco aspect. I know it gets very breezy in this part of the world but it wouldn't hurt to run a broom around! The room itself was comfortable, clean and quiet, but that was because it was partially submerged behind a bunker, which is probably as well as it is situated next to a busy dual-carriageway. No view here! I think Holiday Inn have given up on trying to compete with the Premier Inn over the road where we enjoyed an evening meal. Breakfast was a sad affair. There was a limited choice of hot food - sausage, scrambled egg and baked beans. The dead flower on the table really says it all.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feed back.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Working in the area for two weeks, this hotel is great, location wise. That is about all it has that is great. The room itself is bog standard, which is fine, I don't stay here for the luxury experience, I stay in Holiday Inns because they are generally clean, cheap (work pays and has a limit), good service, and decent food. Unfortunately I can't say those things about this hotel.

I'm writing this review prior to even staying the night yet. I'm writing from the reception area, which is the only area that has wifi. There is no service in any of the rooms. No phone, no laptop, nothing. Glad I chose this place for my work week away, seeing as I can't do any work other than in the reception area. It's may have been stated somewhere on the website, I certainly did not see it. What I did see, was the fact they serve dinner IN the hotel, which is a main reason I choose a place, so that after a long work day and an early wake up the following day, I like to eat in the hotel and not have to travel around. As I asked if I needed to book in for dinner, I was looked at like I had three heads, and was told they do not serve dinner anymore here. I mentioned the website said the hotel serves dinner, and was told very nonchalantly "well it shouldn't say that". Oh, ok...?

So, thinking I will go to my room and check the website to see, I soon realise there is no wifi and call reception to ask if there is a code. Again, I believe by the same person, was answered in a very blasé and blunt attitude that there is only wifi in the reception. Ok, fair enough, so I go up to reception and sit in the vast empty DINING ROOM that is the reception area I open the wifi and then the web page. Mind you, this is the web page that opens IMMEDIATELY after accepting the wifi, and on the DINING page, I see exactly what I saw when I booked "Linger over breakfast or an afternoon snack in the Art Deco Great Room, where the 270-degree windows show off the surrounding Kent countryside. During the week, enjoy a hearty 3-course dinner, choosing from our tasty menu of international favourites". That is COPIED AND PASTED directly from the website as I sit here on a Tuesday (which fits the "during the week" criteria) looking out the 270-degree views of the countryside, which is a view of the main road, no "countryside" in sight.

I then bring this to the attention of the manager, with my iPad in hand to show her the web page, and again I am met with a blank stare and a response of "oh, it shouldn't say that". And that's the end of the conversation on her end. I tell her I'm very unhappy with this and the wifi situation and the response is "sorry". And that's that.

If I wasn't exhausted I'd walk out and stay at the Premier Inn across the road which looks MILES nicer from the outside (this place looks like a dump from the outside) and again, NOTHING like the pictures in the website. But what I will be doing is spending my money there tonight for dinner and for the remainder of my work week this and next week I will be spending my money to stay and dine there as well.

This really is a shame because I do stay at Holiday Inns for work when traveling and for the majority of times I have a nice experience, I cannot say that for this place and will never stay here again and recommend that if you're reading this, you look elsewhere as well.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Megan C
GMKIA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have all read and discussed this. D Otteson Gen Mgr
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is well located and value for money. The hotel is good for a one night stay and whilst busy was surprisingly quiet. We ate in the restaurant next door, the food was OK and reasonably priced. There is plenty of parking

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We all look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the future. D Otteson Gen Mgr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minster
Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront
Walpole Bay Hotel
Walpole Bay Hotel
#3 of 12 in Margate
Albion House Ramsgate Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster? Share your experiences!