“Definitely worth a visit”

The Corner House Minster Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Minster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Corner House, we believe in serving quality British food in relaxed surroundings. Our menu changes frequently, depending on the seasonal availability of ingredients and all dishes are made from scratch including the pasta, bread and ice creams. We also source all of our ingredients locally where possible.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Was recommended a visit to this restaurant so decided to book a table for a family gathering. We were warmly welcomed and had a drink by a roaring fire in the cosy bar area before sitting down to a delicious meal! Homemade crispy bread, fresh smoked salmon, tender lamb and a particularly tasty creme brulee with a hint of lavender. The homemade ice-cream was out of this world.
Overall a fantastic find and the next time we have friends or family staying we will return.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Was plesently surprised at the really good lunch that I had here yesterday. Will without doubt be going back and will make it Nr. 1 choice for business lunches from now on. The starter board to share is a must- homemade sausage roll slices, homemade pork crackling, homemade terrine- were all excellent and on their own a good reason to go back to this restaurant!
The Steak with thrice cooked chips, with homemade tomato sauce and mushroom relish was fantastic. All washed down with a Bittended cider. lovely country pub atmosphere I would say. BUT remember to book, this place is really small and I think most people who just turn up at a lunch time would find themselves quite unlucky and not get a table!
Already planning to be back here the week before Christmas for another meal!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I visited the Corner House with friends last night and I was so impressed, I wanted to make sure I reviewed my experience right away.

The restaurant is in a delightful little village outside Ramsgate. The restaurant itself feels very rustic with little quirky details.It feels incredibly cosy and welcoming. The staff were all amazing. The restaurant is split in half. One side is the bar with an open-fire. On the other side, you find the restaurant. It was all lit up with candles and looking beautiful. You definitely feel the stresses of the day ebb away.

The menu is not massive but the choice of dishes is spot on. Before they brought us the menu, we were given some bread which was absolutely delicious. I started off with the mulled cider which was perfect for a cold December night. I had the steak which was fantastic. They even make home-made tomato ketchup which is served in little jam dishes. The Service was great. I live in Windsor but I will definitely come back to this little gem.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Lovely little restaurant with fabulous food. Nice village location in the Kent countryside makes you feel a world away from everydaypressures. Good robust menu and the smallish range of choices means that you know the food is freshly cooked and prepared rather than mass produced and simply re-heated. Matt the chef, is a class act. Went for Sunday lunch. Obviously a very popular place. We'll be back for a dinner very soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visited The Corner House a few weeks ago and had a lovely time. The decor is a great mix - its contemporary but cosy and the building is extremely old and has a great feel to it. First off, we sat on a comfortable sofa in front of a real fire and had a drink as we were early. Service was very friendly and welcoming. We ate mostly from the set menu which was great value. The home cured salmon was delicious and I also was jealous of my brother’s mussel starter. My main was the sausage dumplings – really tasty ‘comfort’ food – the steak and the fish pie also were reported to be delicious. Portions don’t look enormous but you will be very full, especially if you eat the home made bread that comes to the table. The lavender crème brulee was inspired, and the custard tart was exactly as it should be. A really great experience and we will no doubt be back.