“A wonderful new asset in Minster!”

The Corner House Minster Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Minster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the Corner House, we believe in serving quality British food in relaxed surroundings. Our menu changes frequently, depending on the seasonal availability of ingredients and all dishes are made from scratch including the pasta, bread and ice creams. We also source all of our ingredients locally where possible.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I thoroughly recommend the sea bream, the goats cheese and beetroot salad, the mussels and the honeycomb ice-cream. To be honest everything we have tried has been superb, and every time every person in the party was particularly pleased with their meal. Fabulous!

2  Thank NK-of-Kent

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thanet has become the hot spot to eat and drink lately with new venues opening and I was delighted to hear that there was a new place in Minster too. Recommended by friends I took my date there and had a wonderful night, great meal, good wine and lovely staff.

The restaurant itself has been refurbished beautifully and it was simple, elegant and welcoming. The wine list was well selected, menu seasonal and inviting and both the food and drink were excellent.

Attention to detail was obvious too, in both the attentive and informative staff, down to the dishes. Linen napkins, bread to share to start, iced water...little things that make all the difference.

A really lovely meal, and a must to go back to. I very much to try there lunchtime offer and have their brown bread ice cream!

2  Thank Anne-Marie N
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Chicken liver parfait with mulled wine jelly was simply divine, as well as my seabream for main! My ultimate favourite (as I have an extremely sweet tooth) was the homemade honeycomb ice cream wow!! And the presentation of each dish was very pleasing to the eye! I wish them every success of the restaurant (not that they need it) be back very soon :)

2  Thank Kayleighwild
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were on our second visit to the Corner House, and the second time was as impressive as the first . There is an excellent choice of food, with a difference. The oxtail ravioli was so delicious that I had it on both occasions. The steak and mushroom pudding is divine and the suet pastry was so light that you did not feel that you had overeaten.
The staff are attentive and friendly. This is definitely worth a visit, thank you to David and Matthew for bringing this restaurant back to life.
I am sure we will be back many more times in the near future.

2  Thank BarkingBug
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I ate at The Corner House with friends a few weeks ago, on a Friday evening. The food was delicious and the menu full of british classics. We were impressed with the pork scratchings (beautifully presented!) and the flat-iron steak. Cooked to perfection! Despite having only opened a couple of days previously the staff were already very knowledgeable about the food and wine, and were helpful throughout our meal. We loved the decor - especially the chesterfield sofas. All in all, a gem of restaurant!

2  Thank Charlotte L