“A hidden gem!!!”
Review of O'Sheas Bistro

O'Sheas Bistro
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Minster
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an intimate family run village bistro with a passion for good food.
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went for a meal to celebrate mine and my sisters birthday. From the moment we walked in we had the friendliest warmest welcome! The waitress was good fun and made us feel very relaxed. The food was amazing! My fillet steak was cooked to perfection and everyone else in the group enjoyed theirs. They catered for the children by cooking them something different. They even gave us a little birthday cake each!! The waitress told us that chef will cook us whatever we want provided he has the ingredients.........I cannot wax lyrical enough about the food, atmosphere etc. the waitress even out up with my fiancé's cheekyness! Love love loved it! We will definitely be going back.

• Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“FANTASTICO!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My sisters and I went for a family meal in O'sheas Bistro and I must say, it was an amazing evening! The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food! We had a tapas style menu (the menu changes frequently, I like this idea a lot). We ordered Kalamari, Gnocchi, Seabass goujons and tiger prawns with a Pizzetta, a Greek salad, olives, sauteed potatoes and salmon bruschetta. The food was outstanding and the portions were perfect for myself and sisters sharing. For dessert I had a lemon polenta cake, which was also tasty!! It was light and refreshing, which is always good after a big meal. There are a lot of options on the menu for different types of people including gluten and wheat free. The value was brilliant, the music brought a real Mediterranean vibe to the Bistro and we all left feeling extremely satisfied. I defiantly recommend to everyone!! Thank you O'sheas Bistro for your kind service and lovely food! Looking forward to my next visit!

• Visited August 2013
Woodford Green, Essex
“Gem of a place”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

very friendly welcome from staff.
Food was very good indeed. I had the vegan bean hot pot - Mrs had the steak. Would definitely return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Flaneur_9
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visited in the week with our friends - the food was very good in the main. Our friends had the belly pork which they thought was amazing, I had the lamb which again was excellent - one bad meal was the seafood tapas, not enough variety, too many muscles and the prawn batter was very stodgy and after a couple my husband was feeling a bit queazy. Cheese board was amazing. We were let down by the table, we were squashed in opposite the door, no problem as it was a warm evening but in winter it would be very cold, plus there was not enough room, we had to pull the table out so my husband could get his legs under the table. Unfortunately this meant that when anyone came in the door or the waitress served on the other table my husband had to keep moving inwards or suffered knocks on the shoulder. Make sure you do not get this table and I am sure you will have a good meal.

• Visited July 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Wonderful find!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the moment we stepped in we knew we were in somewhere special. Lovely greeting and the general atmosphere felt calm and relaxing. King Prawn starters were excellent. Main course of belly pork was huge, amazingly tender and every last bit eaten. Fantastic, enthusiastic service. Will definitely be returning and bringing family and friends. Thank you

• Visited July 2013