“Superb”
Review of O'Sheas Bistro - CLOSED

O'Sheas Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an intimate family run village bistro with a passion for good food.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Me and my partner visited last week and wow, food was superb, wine list great and the restaurant is very clean and cosy, we will defo be going back the fillet steak was to die for as for the negative review, they must be mad or possibly a rival restaurant, treat yourself and go there!!!

1  Thank Woodsstewart

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We ate at the restaurant last night for a friends birthday. We all had a fabulous night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The waitress was very friendly and bubbly and constantly had a smile on her face. The food was gorgeous, 3 of us had the steak for main and it is definitely worth having to pay the extra supplement, it was cooked to perfection. We have all decided we will visit again and I have even been raving about the restaurant to some other friends of ours in the hope that we can return sooner!

1  Thank Michaela P
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but had such a beautiful meal here that I felt it necessary. My husband & I ate here last night, we live in the village but have never had the urge to go there but last night we just wanted to eat out locally as a bit of a late valentine treat...well from the moment we walked in we were not disappointed very quaint & cosy, nice atmosphere tables close enough if you want to chat to your neighbours but not too close that you feel like your being listened too, waitress was lovely, friendly & attentive, knowledgeable about the menu which helped me as there was so many lovely dishes I couldn't decide what to have...for starters my husband chose the lamb koftes & I had the chicken parfait both dishes came out promptly & beautifully plated up and extremely good size portions but most importantly very tasty...for mains I had the twice cooked pork belly on a bed of noodles & my husband the fillet steak...once again very prompt, steam coming off them as they left the kitchen great portion size the flavours of my pork dish were just beautiful and my husbands steak was a melt in the mouth delight...well worth every penny of the 4 pound supplement, even though we were absolutely stuffed we couldn't resist some cheese & biscuits which came served beautifully on a round wooden board with 3 different cheeses, 2 different types of chutney, butter and a good selection of biscuits the perfect way to end a sublime meal...could not fault our meal or service at all and at 2 courses for 16 pound or 3 courses for 20 pound for food of that quality was an excellent price...loved the fact that not only the waitress kept asking us if we were happy with our food but that also during our main meal the chef herself took the time to come out and ask if everything was okay...such personal service was a joy to see and is sadly lacking in so many businesses today! As for the 1 negative review on here that just astounds me and I can only assume it is someone who is involved in another local restaurant who realises what extremely tough competition they have!! As for us we would just like to say thank you for the best meal we have had in a restaurant since we can remember...we will certainly be back.

1  Thank merrymills
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having eaten at O'Sheas on numerous occasions I can honestly say the food is amazing. There is an exciting range of dishes and the menu changes frequently. The set menu pricing is excellent value for money. I am looking forward to my next meal there in a few weeks.

1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I couldn't believe the post from cfgdfgsdfg, I visit this restaurant at least twice a month. I have never had a sic "lowsy" meal or lousy experience. Kim is an absolutely delightful host and the food is simply marvellous and inexpensive, as well as being well presented it is cooked to perfection.
Please ignore that comment and believe the 96% that think it’s a great experience. Besides £20 for a steak is real value for money as far as I am concerned.

1  Thank B552565