“Great break”

Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Minster
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is one of a large chain as I expect everyone knows. However it is a lovely friendly place to stay the breakfast is great and the rooms are really spacious. Ideal for a short break away. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very quiet. It was a pleasant time had.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank janet1946

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Karen on the desk was very helpful with taxi phone numbers and directions . We'll placed for Ramsgate Margate Canterbury . Very quite location great stay has a Mc Donald's across the road and a very good restaurant attached.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank terry-lynda-uk
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed overnight whilst travelling from the north to the Channel Tunnel. Great deal on a room and as usual not disappointed by Premier Inn. Email beforehand from the staff asking if I had any requirements and due to injury I asked for a walk in shower, no problem to them. Lovely welcome, personal and genuinely interested in your journey. Room was as it says in their description, everything worked, was clean and the bed really comfortable. We ate in TableTable attached to the hotel and no complaints here either, really busy but staff still attentive and helpful. Food was great value and filling, T bone steak is an absolute gift at that price.
My favourite chain that has never let me down and here is another excellent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brude
Reviewed June 3, 2014

........ I didn't realise Premier Inn Hotels don't have twin rooms - well they do BUT........

if you book a twin room - which I did - you get a Lenny Henry style bed - the same as the advertisements - and a child sized single bed about 30cm off the floor! I hear you say, "Well get into the Lenny Henry Bed!" I'm Sorry but you cannot enjoy a comfortable night sleep for two people in the bed shown in the adverts - it's just not big enough.

I have travelled all over the world, staying at various hotels but this is the first time at a Premier Inn and whenever I have booked a twin room - which I always do - I always get two beds of the same size and never the size of the single bed at the Premier Inn.

I agree, the Lenny Henry bed is very comfortable - plenty of room for 1 person to have a good night's sleep - but imagine putting a person of the same size as him in that bed as well! Impossible to have a good sleep! Even worse putting him in the child sized single bed which they supply for a 'twin room'!

As I have already stated, the price of the room for my stay was excellent and I suppose you only get what you pay for but I would expect sleeping arrangements far better than this.

The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly but I found things like not having a 'phone in the room strange, so when I wanted to contact friends staying in another room, on a different floor, I had to use my mobile phone. Also only being able to speak to staff from your room via a mobile number is something else I am not used to and don't like - it just doesn't 'feel' friendly.

The bathroom was very clean but there was no shaver point, or shaving mirror and the shower head was fixed - not convenient for older people or young children or anyone who like to use a shower for different areas of their body. I would suggest a much better arrangement is to take away the baths and replace them with walk-in showers - this would be far better for all concerned - also there are no grab rails on the wall over the bath - quite strange and dangerous by its absence I think.

Also, why does heating in the room only go up to a max of 24 degrees? Not warm enough for some very elderly people.

Although the cost was very good, this hotel is not for me and I would not stay again purely because of this strange sleeping arrangement for a twin bedded room.

What I will do is what I have done in the past - use the the Holiday Inn Express opposite this hotel, paying a little extra and with breakfast included and use the Smugglers Rest restaurant at the Premier Inn if I want a convenient evening meal.

See my separate review for the restaurant.

Room Tip: No lifts so if you have a problem climbing stairs book a ground floor room. If you are elderly an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank ray m
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Nice clean hotel, staff are friendly, rooms are relaxing and quiet, the nearby table table restaurant provides great tasty food, with friendly helpful staff. Close to Ramsgate/Margate/Canterbury, recommended, Thank you

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Vicky W
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I booked five rooms for my family who were attending a wedding in Kent.
The staff were very friendly and my family had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. It is an excellent spot to get to both Canterbury and Thanet.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank mcj125
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Usually stay at Travelodge Westwood because of its convienience, but now that I have found this premier inn, I will never go back to travelodge. Although further away from everywhere, it is definately worth the extra 5 minutes to get to it. It is a lovely clean hotel, all the staff are very friendly, even the cleaning staff all said hello and moved back for us to pass them. Room comfortable, bed lovely and bathroom spotless. The best premier inn I have ever stayed in. The restaurant was lovely as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in 127 and although we looked out over the car park and McDonalds drive through, we were n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minster
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
Albion House Ramsgate Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
#2 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel? Share your experiences!