“Premier even for premier inns”

Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Minster
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent hotel, room etc as expected with very quiet and efficient air con, nice rural outlook from window. Staff extremely helpful and friendly right from the start and all seem very happy in their jobs. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank maureen h
PITL_Ramsgate, Manager at Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that my team ensured you were comfortable and well looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed with our three eldest grandchildren at the Premier Inn Ramsgate whilst visiting nearby English Heritage castles.

On arrival we found parking plentiful and we were greeted by Alan at reception. He booked us in and gave us the cards to our rooms. We had booked two connecting rooms and he said he would be up shortly to open the connecting doors.

The rooms were spacious, very clean and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms were also very clean. Having connecting rooms made such a difference as we could go from one to the other with ease and had the bonus of two bathrooms and two televisions!

We wanted to have a look at children's menus and Alan insisted on bringing them to our rooms in person - nothing was too much trouble for Alan.

We were booked in the restaurant for 7.30 p.m.. We were met by cheerful staff and ordered drinks and then our main courses. We received our drinks but one hour later we still had not received our food. We asked the waiting staff if there was a problem in the kitchen and eventually the restaurant manageress arrived to see us - at the same time as the food. The order was not quite right but this was soon rectified and the manageress compensated us for the long delay. The food was average pub food but well cooked and presented. My only complaint was the lack of vegetarian selection - a choice of two is not a choice!

After a good night's sleep we made our way down for breakfast. Again, we were met by lovely staff and shown to our table. I requested a cheese omelette which was no problem at all. The food was plentiful and well presented and served buffet style.

If again in the area we would certainly stay at the Premier Inn Ramsgate. We found the hotel to be an extremely clean, comfortable and friendly hotel (even if there was a problem in the kitchen). Alan made our stay even more enjoyable.

5  Thank Trish W

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that yourself and your family enjoyed your recent stay and that Alan ensured you were comfortable and well looked after.

Please accept my apologies for the mixed experiences you received when dining in our restaurant.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

So long as you realise this is not in Ramsgate and check it's location, this is a good Premier Inn. Automatic check-in available, rooms clean and well appointed. Some rooms overlook the service station car park (but noise was not an issue), others the fields at the back. I am really grateful to the Tripadvisor reviewer who suggested taking the room key out of the electricity slot to stop the noise from the aircon/room heating - it saved me from a disturbed night! We ate at the Table Table restaurant - food and service in the evening was very good. The receptionist at the Premier Inn advised that we did not need to book as the restaurant was "quiet" that evening - not the best advice as being situated in a service station the customer numbers can fluctuate considerably so I would advise booking a table for dinner. Breakfast service wasn't so slick and there seemed to be a lack of supervision. The local radio station was playing over the speakers, with considerable hiss as the reception or tuning was poor, and it just felt as though there needed to be someone overseeing the quality of the breakfast experience.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was a 5 night stay for me. Hotel is co-located with a Table-Table restaurant (breakfast served here). Nearby is a macdonalds (50m), a petrol station and that has an on site "Co Op".

Plenty of parking - no worries there. Rooms on ground or first floor, no lift. Be aware that families tend to be on the ground floor which does get the kids running up and down the corridors occasionally. This only disturbed me once. The rooms are standard Premier Inn - neat bathroom with bath and shower - tons of hot water.

Heating works, adequate storage, tea/coffee/kettle etc.

Internet £3 a day for £10 for a week - I did the latter - absolutely no problems with that at all. Reliable, fast connection. Purchase the voucher at reception.

Bed comfortable as always with a Premier Inn, heating easy to control. Reception team never far away.

I would return for trips to this area. The hotel is v quiet even on ground floor - no road noise or noise from car park at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Rugbysw11
Reviewed April 10, 2013

New hotel -spotlessly clean, large family room. Check in staff really helpful. Lovely meal in the restaurant on both nights and delicious breakfast. Staff were especially helpful as my husband is diabetic and the fruit order hadn't arrived, but they found some oranges and strawberries and made him up a bowl of fruit especially. I thought this was really thoughtful.
Great location close to Canterbury and easy to get to places you may wish to visit in the area. Co-op, petrol station and McDonalds right by the hotel.
Would recommend this hotel and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Air conditioning can be a little noisy if you are a light sleeper.Tip - take out the card from the e...
4  Thank Julie N
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stay here often and have not been disappointed, it is very good value but the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast is only really good value as kids eat free at the moment so £17 (for breakfast) for a family of four, so fill yer boots!
Rooms are just big enough for a family of four (kids 13 & 10). Not very picturesque surroundings but the coast is not far away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank HomerJayLondon
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and as I paid an extremely low price (£29) my expectations before I arrived were not high. I am glad to say that I was extremely pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a family room which was spotlessly clean with good modern decor and extremely comfortable beds. There was a free car park right outside and I feared that our room might overlook it, but no, our view was of lovely green fields...result ! The hotel was situated close to a traffic island, but there was no traffic noise whatsoever and on the plus side of its location, is the fact that it was easy and free to park right outside and there was a garage, a shop and a sizeable McDonalds right next door too. The hotel restaurant 'Table Table' was also very modern and clean. There was plenty of choice on the menu and it was again, reasonable value for money. Service was a little slow and the food was mostly standard pub food quality, which was fine for us as we were travelling as a family and were not looking for any fine dining options. All the staff we encountered were friendly and polite. All in all, just perfect for a family trip. I would definitely stay with Premier Inn again, based on this first experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the fields rather than the car park.
4  Thank Sarjj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minster
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
Royal Harbour Hotel
#5 of 10 in Ramsgate
Travelodge Margate Westwood
Premier Inn Margate Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Ramsgate (Manston Airport) Hotel? Share your experiences!