“Can not be beaten!”

Archie's
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Minster
Cuisines: British, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fish & Chips
“Can not be beaten!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Excellent food excellent service excellent atmostphere. We visit archies at least rwice a month for a sit in with friends take our own wine and have excellent evening meal at very realistic prices. Skate cod tou name it they serve it. All cooked to order. Best value for money on thanet

• Visited May 2014

Minster, United Kingdom
“Very large portions”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The only reason I have put 'no' for not being one of the best meals is because I have only eaten in once, I get mostly takeaways, and you cannot compare with say, other meals in other restaurants based on just fish and chips etc., What I can say is that all the food is extremely well cooked, and very large portions (hubby and I have a medium portion of chips between us, which is still too much sometimes). The saveloys are the best I have ever tasted by the way.

• Visited March 2014
North Cyprus
“Big Portions!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We called in here after a long day travelling and decided to eat our fish and chips "in". One skate and one rock. Both huge portions on the plate. A lot of tasty chips and salad as well. Good service, friendly people. The entire place is spotlessly clean. We hadn't realised that you can take your own wine and you are not charged corkage. That's good to know if we visit again. There is a good choice on the menu, not just fish and chips.

• Visited March 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Great Fish and Chips!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been visiting this superb family run Fish & Chip Shop for years and the service and food are always superb in fact my sons always insist I go here!!

• Visited February 2014
Isle of Thanet, United Kingdom
“Friday Night Fish & Chips”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Having a Northerner in the family - fish & chips has to have haddock without skin, unlike us Southerners who don't mind the skin, which gratefully Archie's has, and the fish was very good & we didn't have to wait, but the batter was greasy & not very crisp, chips were ok, although a few weren't cooked enough for my liking. Overall okay.

• Visited January 2014