“Excellent”

Barnfields Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch
Description: Our opening hours are offered as a guide but please note we close for holidays, family events etc. We are very happy to take calls to confirm if we are open. Best wishes, Steve Barnfield.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended cafe delicious cream teas and cappuccinos. Cozy and clean. They also fo lunches and sandwiches and a small shop next door castle acre is a beautiful historic village very nice place to go and chill. Actually planning to go tomorrow there again

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank queeny1955

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Lovely scone and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Friends staying with us from Sussex so we thought we would show off some of the lovely villages and attractions of Norfolk. Priority though is coffee! We found Barnfields cafe and they had a table free on the pavement outside, we ordered coffee and scones. Amazing scone and delicious coffee. Will definitely return with other house guests!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank birderwidow
Cambridge
“Lashings and lashings of ginger beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This proved the perfect place for a light lunch as we drove from Cambridgeshire to the Norfolk coast on a sunny Sunday. We were attracted by the cheerful yellow umbrellas over the tables outside. These were all occupied so we took a window table inside. The interior is light and welcoming, service was friendly and efficient. Three ginger beers - lovely big glasses and plenty of ice - arrived within seconds of ordering. My feta cheese flan/tart was delicious, served with perfectly dressed salad leaves and coleslaw. The chaps chose sandwiches: salmon and cream cheese and tuna and cucumber which they wolfed down. Split between three, the bill came to £7.66 each. We certainly intend of stop by next time we're in the area. Oh, and if ginger beer isn't your tipple and you fancy something alcoholic, Barnfields does have a licence.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CambridgeElizabeth
East Anglia
“Rest stop on a bike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lovely cakes and scones and good coffee with a refill Did not have to wait long and staff very friendly

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Birdy007
Swaffham, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been a regular customer at Barnfields since Steve and Debs took over the business and breakfast there at least twice a week ( try the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with mushrooms mmmm ) as well as calling in for lunch or coffee and cake whenever I,m working in the area . The interior is light and cheery and they`re is aleways a lovely log fire roaring in the grate on cold days .
The staff like the owners are always cheery and helpful . They at one time used to open their small courtyard rear garden to the public which they no longer do , some scenes from Stephen Fry`s Kingdom series were filmed there as well as other locations in the village . you can still sit outside at the front if like me you have dogs . I noticed that one reviewer claims to have been charged for dog water but with the greatest of respect to this person I think you are almost certainly mistaken . Because the table area at the front is narrow Debs no longer leaves a dog bowl out as she used to when the back garden was in use because it always got kicked or tripped over so they fill it now on request and remove it when your dogs finished but never charge for it .

I,ll take a guess at whats happened here based on my own experience . If you ask for dog water when one of the girls takes your order she writes it down as a reminder because the order is then passed to the kitchen or sometimes another waitress . It then appears on your bill but not as an actual chargeable item . I suppose it could be confusing at first glance so to beaufina I`d say don`t beat yourself up over it or let it spoil your otherwise great review but I`m sure you,ve made a mistake , Barnfields never begrudge or charge a pooch for a bowl of water .

Anyway summers coming ( hopefully) and I intend to eat my own body weight in Debbies homemade scone cream teas . Can`t remember what its called but they sometimes have a gluten free cranberry and almond cake as well which is lovely . Try the place , believe me its worth a drive .

• Visited May 2013