All reviews outdoor pool steam train well stocked shop holiday park static caravan on site shop lovely site table tennis holiday home village square toilet block large site adventure playground tennis courts muntjac deer great facilities large tent
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The only real complaint I have is the outdoor pool was really bad your only aload a few in at a time and only an hour and theres always a massive que. We were the first in 1 morning at the water was just disgusting it was like swimming through a bug stew. The shop was really handy. There very strict on how you position your tent so if there's a few of you you cant have your tents next to each other has to be tent car tent car.. the site is pitch black no lighting at night so if you want to go toilet you need a torch..

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for a few nights end of August and have no real complaints. We camped and although was enjoyable some of the other campers seemed to start there days a lot earlier than we would like ( tennis outside the tent at 7am)
Bar and restaurant are nice but very expensive , only complaint was the ash tray on our table outside was full to the top with mayonnaise and ketchup, when I asked a member of staff to take it away was told it wasn’t there job to do that or words to that effect !!! Disappointing as I work in retail and wouldn’t dream of dismissing a customer complaint like that.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the out door swimming pool is a joke.Unorganized overcrowded.Had to pay for my grandchildren to use the indoor pool otherwise they would not have had swim.Need to book for two hour sessions in the school holiday apart from that the best site we,'ve been on this year.Wonderful for kids.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I used to stay at Kelling Heath as a child and this was my first time back with my own family - it did not disappoint. We stayed in one of Bittern holiday homes next to the assault course. Perfect location for the children to go out and play. The caravan was very clean and very comfortable beds with good quality mattresses and thick pillows. Well equipped kitchen and full sized fridge freezer and oven which was a pleasant surprise. We hired towels which arrived within 5 minutes.
Even though we were close enough to the centre to hear the entertainment in the evening, it was very quiet once that had finished. We really enjoyed the pop up food vans that were in the village square each night. We ate at the carvery one evening, food could have been a bit warmer but similar to a Toby. The site was full while we were there over August bank holiday but it didn't feel too packed. The staff on guest services were friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately the outdoor swimming pool was closed on one of the hottest days due to filter issues and having gone in the following day, the quality of the water still wasn't great. The site gave access to the indoor swimming pool for free while the outdoor one was closed which was good but I'd suggest they really need to upgrade their filtration system to handle demand in the summer.

The location of Kelling Heath is perfect for nearby Sheringham and Holt, with Wells next to the Sea a 35 minute drive away, or Bewilderwood a similar drive in the other direction. We also got the steam railway into Sheringham while we were there. Weybourne shingle beach is 3 minutes down the road.

Overall a brilliant stay and I will be going back again next year.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in a tourer caravan from 24th August - 31st August in the yellow butterfly area, with husband and two children aged 5 and 8. We stayed last year for the first time, loved it so much booked again for this year before we left!

Pitches are really big and private in the yellow area. Very peaceful in the day and night.

The toilet/shower block was always clean and there are plenty of washing facilities for cutlery.

The whole site feels very safe and we let our children go off exploring on their bikes with walkie talkies (we cooked this from many families last year!). Two great play areas for kids and lots of open space with football goals.

Great children’s entertainment on the square each night from 5.30-6.30 - my two both really enjoyed it, from magic shows to a conga around the square!

Enjoyed both the inside and outside pools. The inside pool is an additional cost.

The kids absolute favourite was the sports clubs put on free each afternoon, multi sports at 2.15 which included cricket and tennis and then football at 4. The coaches were fantastic with all the children and made the sessions so much fun.

The site is great for cycling, you can hire bikes but we always take our own. Lovely routes marked out and my kids enjoy the 5 mile route following all the numbered signs.

We enjoyed the pop up food eateries on the square in the evenings, I think the Food Dude’s taking might be down now my daughter has left, she loved the crepes!

Kelling Heath has a real Center Parcs feel and look to it, and the other families and children are all lovely.

In our 7 night stay we didn’t leave the site once as kids were so entertained.
I’m booking again for next year later!

To Kelling - could you please think of a way to make a path between the blue area/recreation ground and main square. Would prefer the kids not cycling on the road - thank you, you’d then be perfect!

1  Thank Smiley-SLC