All reviews outdoor pool steam train well stocked shop holiday park on site shop holiday home great facilities large site adventure playground village square tennis courts muntjac deer toilet and shower the north norfolk railway poppy line out of season washing facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a few nights there to get away from home and we loved our stay. We often went on long walks admiring the scenery. There were so many things to do! We had a brilliant time and it was and amazing place to stay.

2  Thank harryb4351
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in a super nightjar caravan with family, standard in caravan was great although beds in twin room pretty small for teens. The leisure facilities were great although we felt £60 was overpriced for a three day family pass. The outdoor areas were lovely to explore the location of the park was ideal to explore local coastal areas. Unfortunately the biggest let down was the restaurant. We were led to believe the restaurant was in demand and we should book. The menu choice wasn't amazing and a little expensive but we were keen to try it out and hungry after a busy day of exploring. What a disaster. The restaurant was nearly empty, terrible atmosphere. We ordered only to be told later that what we ordered wasn't available. We settled on soup, home baked bread with oils. Chicken casserole, lamb burgers, salmon tagliatelli and red wine. The bread was raw, pale, thin and served with three different colours of rancid oil. The casserole was a huge pile of lumpy mash with two tiny chicken thighs, no sauce. The tagliatelli was a sloppy cream with flakes of salmon in. House cheap plonk was £20. We didn't eat here again, finding other great places off site. Managment need to address the restaurant issue as it puts holiday makers off with the amount of bad ratings.

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

I have been visiting Kelling Heath for a number of years and have noted in other reviews the drop in quality of the site and facilities. Although we often visit early or late in the season there always seems to be red tape around areas making the site seem unfinished this work needs to be done completely out of season or in a way which makes the areas seem less like a building site. However for me the worst changes on the site have been to the catering, shop and bar. The restaurant used to have a reasonable menu for a captive site of around 15 items for mains with four or five specials changed each week. Gradually the specials disappeared and the menu dropped to around 10 items. Really limited if you are intending to dine there for a week. I know most restaurants now have much smaller menus but they are in areas where there are many places to eat enabling considerable choice. The new menu I now see has around eight items mostly of slop (casserole or pasta). They have a lamb burger but no beef or chicken and one staple of fish and chips. There are specials such as spicy night or pie night some of which used to be good but now the pie night is tray bakes with a pie crust looking suspiciously like leftovers from the previous nights carvary. The pizza restaurant has been closed that used to be ok so I have no idea now. The food shop fails to stock much local produce limited fresh items and only gift preserves etc. A shame for such a fantastic food area. The bar had only one guest ale and that ran out they used to have at least three and local bottled beer and cider. They reviewed it all last year and seemed to be making progress but it seems they have given it no time before wrecking the site experience. Everyone I talk to is of the same opinion and either cooking themselves or not bothering to come back. I used to love this site now I only visit while meeting friends here.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank StephenR637
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Had a very good weekend at Kelling in the tent. As usual the place was clean and welcoming. Plenty of hot water in the clean shower block. Quiet and lovely walks, very good adventure playground too. If there were pitches with built in fire pits to allow a safe camp fire, that would make the place even better. We will be back again in the summer.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been coming here since I was a child, and in April I was able to come back with my own baby.

It really is such a lovely holiday destination for families. The caravans are always clean and comfortable, the staff are always really friendly and welcoming, and there’s lots to do and see.

Pleased to say that we will be returning in the Summer.

Date of stay: April 2018