“Its ok”

Ashbourne Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Its ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week. The rooms were all very fancy but I wasnt comfortable at all. The rooms were dark, either too hot or too cold. The walls were very thin I could hear people walking about all night. I could hear road noise. In a location where I couldnt get a signal. Breakfast was okay not much on offer. Had a meal at night and it was lovely! Sally was lovely! She could not do enough for you. However she went on holiday and the service went downhill.

Thos hotel overall is very nice, but just certian things that I wasnt happy with.

Room Tip: Nothing on first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Ashbourne Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Many thanks for your recent review, obviously it is disappointing to read that you found the room to be too dark and that you were not comfortable, we do have number of room types and we would have been more than happy to move you to another room had we known you found the room too dark, we are currently changing the light configuration in the rooms you stayed in however we do have some rooms that are a lot lighter.

I am sure we could have done something to make your stay more comfortable, we do hold a number of softer pillows etc for guests who find ours to be too firm or too large.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening meal and I will make sure that Sally is aware of your comments.

Regrettably there is little we can do about the phone signal, although some networks are better than others, I will address each of your comments individually to see where we can make improvements for future customers

Once again many thanks for your comments,

very best regards

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had our Wedding Breakfast and Reception at the Ashbourne Hotel in August 2012 and only now have we found the time to write a review!

Firstly would like to say a big thank you to Rob and his team for a lovely day. We both feel that we could have asked anything of them and nothing was too much trouble. My bride was suffering a bad back at the meal and Rob had offered a cushion for her comfort, only a small gesture but it's little things like this makes a big difference to us.

It was the service that confirmed that this was where we wanted to celebrate our day. Having turned up for a previously arranged appointment to look around the venue we were pipped at the post by a couple who had just decided to pop in on the off chance. Rob very professionally explained that we were already booked and arranged some beverages for us while he explained that an appointment was necessary. Rob must have read my mind as it was a warm day, and a pint of Guinness while walking the hotel grounds is exactly what I needed!

When we were making plans Robs advice was much needed, after all he plans weddings every week! However he has very honest and helped manage our budget rather than trying to help us spend it.

The day was perfect. Everyone complemented us on our choice of venue. The food was absolutely amazing. The Three-course meal was tailored by ourselves and this was no concern for the chef at all. We had arranged for one of the drinks packages to include some bottles of beer so everyone's tastes were catered for. I was happy to see on the day that the hotel hadn't scrimped and had provided a premium lager which went down particularly well.

The evening was nothing short of magical. We had arranged our own entertainment with a local singer and the hotel were happy to assist him also and make everything as smooth as possible.

We ordered the BBQ for the evening which was no mistake. My favourite butcher had supplied the meat (just by chance) and it was cooked beautifully. Staff were there to serve it up for you and there was plenty for everyone.

Finally the room was just what we needed. Quiet and comfortable with a romantic four post bed. I felt revitalised the following morning after my jacuzzi bath and well cooked breakfast.

If it wasn't for the fact we had to get packed for our honeymoon in Florida, we didn't want to leave!

From our first visit to the hotel to our fairwell as a married couple we found Rob, Andrew and the staff at the Ashbourne very supportive and it wouldn't have been the same day without them.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you are looking for and see what they can do for you. Simple.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Very many thanks for the review of your wedding, I will pass on your comments to all of the team I know Rob will be thrilled you have posted a review, I hope you enjoyed Florida

Many thanks

West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Spacious clean hotel, modern rooms. Friendly staff. Restaurant frequented by locals, reasonably priced. From sandwiches to full menu. Fish was amazing, fresh and big. They even do take away fish and chips. Quiet spot with very little noise. No local shops etc around. My only problem, no mobile phone signal!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the reception block
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good Evening, thank you for your recent review, it's great to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your meals, your room I have passed on your kind comments about the staff

once again, many thanks for your review

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Booked room on DBB special offer £117 bargain. However decided to use normal bistro menu. They allocate £50 towards bill on this option, which I thought was very fair considering the overall price. Best Rib Eye steaks ever, cooked to perfection.
Overall rooms, fantastic (304) will book room in 400,s next time around. Food and drinks reasonably priced, and food fantastic (well done chef). Staff.... Reception very pleasant welcome and helpful. Bar staff.... Young chap needs to try more on pleasantries and general attitude. Waiting staff the young lady that mainly dealt with us was very pleasant and chatty.
Would definitely go again. .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Very many thanks for the review of your recent stay, it's great to read that both your wife and yourself enjoyed your stay, and you felt you had received value for money

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had our wedding at the Ashbourne in August. What an amazing day! Everyone commented on what a great venue this was. The team at the Ashbourne worked extremely hard to ensure our day ran smoothly. However, we have to say a special thank you to Andrew the manager of the hotel. Not only was he unobtrusive but always present the second you needed him. He made sure every part of the day was executed perfectly. We couldn't recommend this venue any more highly. A big thank you to Andrew and the team! Emma and Mike Blowers.

• Stayed August 2013
Can I just politely say thank you, however it really is about the team

very many thanks

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

An unbelievable day and night!! We would just like to thank Rob/Andy and the team at The Ashbourne for making our special day so amazing and such a beautiful occassion. Our entire party all commented on having such a brilliant day/night which flowed so smoothly with no hiccups at all.
The food was exceptional and The Ashbourne bent over backwards to accommodate everyone and nothing was too much trouble.
Beautiful settings and surroundings which made our day more than perfect, we could not have picked a better venue.

Once again, a BIG thank you to the Ashbourne for being simply brilliant.

The New Mr & Mrs Rhoades

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Can I just say thank you on behalf of Rob, the team and myself for posting such a kind review about your wedding day at the Ashbourne Hotel,

many thanks

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

When away on business I often find it hard to locate the 'perect' stopover. A place that gives you everything you need for business in a professional manner yet also makes you feel relaxed and super comfortable whilst staying away from home. The Ashbourne hotel gets the balance just right! Infact, perfect. Rooms are modern, trendy and simplistic giving you a stress free feel yet a very comforting nights sleep. Obviously recently renovated/built as the bathrooms are superb. Then the restaurant has a savvy, classy feel but not even in the slightest bit pretentious for dining alone, with a warm welcoming feel - which is hard to find. Would be lovely to dine there romantically with my wife it I wasn't on business. The food is also excellent, the paella to die for and steaks up there with the best around. The outdoor area is very relaxing and looks fantastic. The staff are smiling permanently, in a genuine way as thought they are happy to be there for you. Just spot on. As a senior contributer to trip advisor and a lover of all things fine, I have have stayed in some outstanding venues and although this may not be the very best - there is something about the Ashbourne hotel that hits a few buttons for me. Lovely place. Highly suggest as say here, even if working/visiting the area of Hull. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good Evening, thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Ashbourne Hotel, I will pass on your comments to each of the staff, I know that it gives them a lift when they read reviews such as yours

very many thanks

#3 of 10 in Grimsby
The Burlington Hotel
The Burlington Hotel
#1 of 9 in Cleethorpes

Been to Ashbourne Hotel? Share your experiences!