“Great food, great atmosphere, great service - great night”

The Quarrymans Arms
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Box
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Quarrymans Arms is a friendly family run local Country Pub, located in the village Box on the outskirts of the City of Bath. Renowned for high quality food and convivial surroundings, the team offer the best of welcomes, whether you're joining for a swift pint or holidaying in the sumptuously appointed bed and breakfast rooms PUB OPENING TIMES Sun – Wed: 10.00am – 11.00pm Thu – Sat: 10.00am – 12.00am FOOD SERVICE TIMES Mon – Thu: 12.00pm – 3.00pm & 5.30pm – 9.00pm Fri – Sun: 12.00pm – 9.00pm Breakfast available 10.00am – 11.30am or call to pre-book for earlier
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Quarryman was everything I love about a British pub - wooden beams and other such interior decor, farming equipment and old pictures dotted about, and a stunning view of the unmistakable West country landscape. The sort of place that is sadly becoming a rarity amongst the swanky gastro pubs and vogue-ish wine bars that are mercilessly taking over. They all have their place somewhere but this pub is perfect as it is and I'm so glad we chose to eat here. The atmosphere was friendly and warm, the bar ladies and waitresses swift and hospitable, the food came out quickly but not at the cost of quality - our whole party thought it was delicious; I simply can't fault the place. We were there for my mother's birthday and we couldn't have chosen a nicer pub in which to spend the evening so thank you very much guys and well done

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (514)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great view from the window table. Reasonable service from friendly staff. The beer was good but the food was disappointing. Three of our party ordered the "Quarryman pie" which had already run out by 7pm on a Friday. The replacement ham pie had good pastry but dry filling. The advertised broad beans it came with never materialised. The cod was well cooked but tiny and lost in stewed beans that were tasteless. The burgers and sausage were fine. We opted to go home for dessert and coffee.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and it has never failed to impress. A little hidden gem but well worth searching out. I’m not sure how people “happen across it” unless you are lost in a car or walking a strange route, but hey, everyone who finds it is in for a treat.

First, food: a great selection and always fresh. My personal favourite are the Boxhill Bangers - either with mash and gravy or salad, chips and beans!

Second, beer: a great local selection and always a guest beer or two.

Finally, the view/setting: the big selling point! Either from the huge picture window in the main lounge or from the beer garden the pub enjoys unrivalled views of the valley across to Colerne on the other side.

Highly recommend a visit!

1  Thank lymbo32
Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Stumbled across this fab place by accident, so pleased we did !!
Excellent ploughman’s ,enough for two with a portion of fries.
Very good service along with amazing views, next to Box Common where we walked off the excellent food .

Reviewed September 2, 2019

The food was quite nice. I had a homemade pie which had delicious pastry and was full to the brim with lovely chunks of beef. I would have liked more greens and mash potato though, was just about an ice cream scoop size of mash. We did hear when someone ordered around 7pm that they had run out of mash potato, which may explain why there wasn’t that much (and how you run out of something so basic as mash potato on a Saturday night I don’t know!). I had the clementine tart for desert which was way too heavy on the pastry for such a light dessert so I left quite a lot of the pastry and just ate the middle. Service could do with improvement, we asked for the dessert menu but no one came back to take our order so we had to go and find someone after about 20 minutes of waiting. Same for the bill, asked for the bill which never came, so had to chase up again.

1  Thank MrsCo77