“Very accommodating; good food; good beer”

The Quarrymans Arms
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Box
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I really like this pub. I live nearby and whenever I show friends around the mines in Box, I try to arrange a meal here for everyone afterwards. The Quarrymans has always come up trumps, and excelled themselves very recently on a busy Sunday when my lunch booking unexpectedly rose from 6 to 11 with just a couple of hours' notice. Despite it looking pretty fully booked, we emerged from our mine exploration to be greeted by a table set for 11 - no problems. The food was good, and some of my friends particularly liked the "beer bats" where you can sample 3 different thirds of a pint :-) We will return!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed the night on Friday whilst visiting our son in Bath. Comfortable room,loo would not flush but attended to immediately.
Lovely food I had goats cheese salad then fish. My husband raved about his venison soft and tender. Had lots of options. Large mansize portions. We have been before and will go again friendly welcoming staff.
Breakfast the next morning good choice nice soft poached eggs, my husband raved again about black pudding.Excellent beer nice south african wines in summer best view for miles. Down sides hmm chips did not excite me but made up for by coffee and newspaper the next morning.
Many thanks

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We frequent this pub very often and always have a fantastic experience,
The welcome is warm and friendly the atmosphere is brilliant, the food is delicious with always perfect service.
This pub is my favourite place to eat, Drink and meet good friends.
With such a friendly atmosphere and staff who are always happy to help weather we are having a family lunch with the children or just drinks with friends this pub meet all our criteria !!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited the Quarrymans for a meal on Mothers Day. We have been to the pub many times over the years but it now looks tired and shabby. There was no atmosphere. When we walked in no one greeted us. The table reserved for us was right next to the only other occupied table in the pub so we sat somewhere else. We ordered drinks and got the menus but as no one came back to take our order we had to go to the bar and ask to be served. Neither member of staff was doing anything at the time. Food was passable but not great. The service was hit and miss. When we left at 10.00 chairs had been put on tables so they were clearly eager for us to go. Everything seemed very lack lustre. The pub has received some very good reviews so perhaps we were unlucky we picked a cold Sunday evening but when you spend £100 on a meal you expect more. This pub is very close to home but we won't be going back in a hurry.

3  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very out the way in Box but well worth the trip. The views from the garden and restaurant were worth the trip alone.

We had a group of five (including a 5 year old and a baby) and found the food very good and the service excellent. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and we ended up spending longer than intended