“You are only as good as your last review - Food Great and so was the Service!!”
Review of The Bear at Box - CLOSED

The Bear at Box
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I visited on 23 Aug as an individual diner. The experience I had at the bear was very good. I was not rushed and the food was high quality, tasty and reasonably priced. The staff could not have ben more friendly or accommodating. I will be visiting again!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Lovely new Indian restaurant. The furnishing are modern and just lovely. The food is excellent as are the staff. It is unlicensed so you need to bring your own alcohol which is how I like it! It also has parking. Excellent value for money with a great menu. I will be visiting again :-). I would suggest booking as they are busy.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Made a reservation (through our hotel) for a table last Saturday evening (16 August). Table was confirmed for 9.15 so we arrived at 9pm. There were two adults and three children (aged 10, 13 and16) in our party. We were expected and told to wait a few minutes for our table. The restaurant is unlicensed so we were advised to take our own alcohol (which we did). We were parked on sofas in the take away area whilst waiting to be seated. However, by 9.30pm (30 minutes after we arrived) we had still not been offered food or drink menus so I had to request drinks for our children. These duly arrived a few minutes later. By 9.45pm we were beginning to think we had made a terrible mistake since we appeared no closer to being seated. I asked how long the table might be but did not receive a satisfactory response. At 9.55pm we were offered popadums (whilst still seated in the take away area). The children were ravenous by this point.so we ordered a few.

We were eventually seated at 10.20pm, more than an hour after our booking slot. Our table layout was ridiculous since I was sat on one side of a rectangular table and pushed down to one end whilst my wife and three children were all sat on the other side of the table. Bizarre!! It was clear that we had been wedged into a corner just to get us seated. We skipped starters (given the late hour) and ordered a range of mains - a lamb methi, two chicken kormas, a tandoori chicken and a lamb malabar. All were average at best with the lamb malabar positively revolting.

We left having paid the bill (minus 10% discount applied for the delay in getting us seated). I'm afraid we won't be going back.

2  Thank Steve4161
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We loved this restaurant, staff very attentive and good humour. Food superb just what this village needed, nothing more needs to be said just go and visit this newly refurbished restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a very enjoyable evening in this newly refurbished restaurant. We visited on a Thursday evening and I am so glad I booked as the place was full with every table taken. The menu is really extensive with many items I had never seen before. We had three different starters and mains and a variety of side dishes, rice and nan breads. All were delicious. This is a non licensed BYO establishment although they do have plenty of soft drinks available. We brought our own bottle of wine though and there was no corkage fee. The friendly staff topped our evening off with a lovely slice of cake with a candle in for my husband's birthday. All in all, a very good evening in a very good restaurant.

2  Thank pottydotty_11