“Excellent B&B in a great location.”
Review of Lorne House

Lorne House
Ranked #2 of 7 Box B&B and Inns
Vilamoura, Portugal
“Excellent B&B in a great location.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days. The owners Fran & Mike are very friendly and helpful. The room was very good, clean, comfortable, superb wet room. The vast selection of tea, coffee and chocolate and biscuits in the room was also a nice touch. Ample opportunities to find good food within walking distance and very handy for Bath and other slightly further afield towns and sights such as Stonehenge.
Will definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

As a 50th Birthday treat for my mother, I wanted to take her to the Thermae Spa in Bath, followed by Afternoon Tea.
After spending a good four hours looking for reasonably priced hotels in Bath, I was stumped. The lowest price I could find for one night (and for a decent looking place) was at least £200. Maybe because it was Mother's Day weekend, or maybe just because it's Bath.
So I broadened my horizons and looked at B&Bs as well. Then I came across this great little find - Lorne House in the nearby village of Box. After having a look on their website, I was quite happy to see such lovely looking rooms and such reasonable prices - between £65 and £180.
So I quickly decided to book up the twin room, costing just £95!
On arrival, we were greeted by the owner, who was very pleasant. First impressions were great - the house had obviously been refurbished to a very high standard, while the bedroom was so cosy!
The bedroom was absolutely immaculate, with good quality bedding. My only complaint would be that the pillow was a little too firm, but this is down to personal opinion, and we were also offered feather pillows.
The breakfast was also delicious - I had grapefruit and peach slices, followed by a poached egg on toast - not on the menu, but the chef seemed more than happy to cook it for us.
I have recommended this hotel to my friends and family - if you want luxurious hotel standards at a fraction of the price, then this is definitely the place to visit.

Room Tip: I didn't see any of the other rooms - we were in the basement twin room, and I couldn't faul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SayHelloToDanny
London
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very enjoyable albeit brief stay at Lorne House Hotel. The house and rooms are absolutely lovely, very stylish and comfortable. and breakfast was first class - the breakfast room itself was bright and airy and the food and service was excellent. I wish I could have stayed longer than a night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The family room was perfect for us. Two adults and two kids in one room is never actually fun, but the beds were comfortable and the room was spotless.

Breakfast was great-- we could have easily made a meal of just the buffet items but the hot breakfast was very good. They even had vegetarian sausage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Really enjoyed Lorne House, it's a very nice property, well kept and our room was great... comfy bed, very clean, no road noise, modern and the bathroom was lovely with bath/wet room. Breakfast the next day was really good too and the home-made jams/marmalades were a rea\lly nice touch.

Box itself is a nice place, picturesque, plenty of good pubs and fairly close to Bath (about 10/15 min car journey.

Recommended

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I admit that I made my booking based purely on budget and availability, as finding a room in the centre of Bath on that weekend was virtually impossible, but on arrival we were delighted by Lorne House Bed & Breakfast. Easy to find, the house is immaculately beautiful. Rooms were luxurious with huge comfortable beds and pristine white sheets and the en-suite wet rooms were a real pleasure! The breakfast was varied and delicious and the staff helpful and friendly and welcoming. We all agree that next time we are in Bath, we'll definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kingham
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed for one night - a Saturday, with 2 girlfriends on a trip to the Christmas market in Bath. My husband travels extensively on business and on the occasions when I join him we usually stay in corporate city centre hotels, so this was a change for me, and a pleasant surprise too! I thought the house was very nice, the decor was modern but traditional and impeccably clean. My room at the back of the house was small, but as I was on my own, it was not an issue. I loved the wet room and really appreciated the wide selection of books and mags in the bedroom. The breakfast has to be the best I have ever had anywhere in the world! Really appreciated the choice of fruit and cereals (good, branded stuff rather than bulk bought offerings), followed by the best cooked breakfast ever - hot, tasty and served with a smile - doesn't get any better than that! I will definitely be back and with my hubby next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Box
Guyers House Hotel
#1 of 7 in Box
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 5 in Castle Combe

Been to Lorne House? Share your experiences!