“Normal service has been resumed!”
Review of Cafe Lowrey - CLOSED

Cafe Lowrey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
northumberland
“Normal service has been resumed!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

After our bad experience in August my wife and decided to see if it was just a momentary glitch.
I'm delighted to report that it must have been.
Our lunch there this month was a delightful experience. The quality of the food has never been in any doubt (still the best cheese soufflé on the planet according to my wife) and I'm pleased to say that the service was back to its usual high standard.
Keep up the good work.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank scallopsforme

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Cafe Lowrey is one of my top restaurants of all time! The food is delicious, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is calm, relaxed and friendly. It's a great place to go whether for a quite meal for one or for a bigger gathering. Thoroughly recommended!

Newcastle
“A great find- we loved it.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I went here on the advice of a friend and we were delighted with it. We had Sunday lunch an it was everything one could hope for and brilliant value. Every was cooked to perfection and tasted superb. It makes a great change to leave a restaurant not feeling ripped off. We really felt that we had had a lovely lunch and had also had great value for money.
Try this place, its great!!

Minchinhampton, United Kingdom
“Stunning local produce served with charm”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sunday lunch at Café Lowrey with my mother Joyce was yet again superb. The rare roast beef was the best I have tasted in a restaurant for years. The vegetables were as per usual excellent - fresh full coloured and a great mixture cooked to perfection.
The Onion soup was superb as was the Prawn dish.
The Early bird and Sunday lunch menu is a tremendous bargain. Why anyone pays for pub food when one can eat cooking of this quality beats me.
The young girl who served us was charming and attentive. The owner was on hand to deal with my rather awkward mother - she regards the menu as the opening gambit, not something she will eat without her "improvements". Ian could not have been more charming to her as he changed dishes to accommodate her various dietary requirements.
This restaurant consistently offers great produce cooked with proficiency and imagination.
I strongly recommend it and look forward to my next visit eagerly.

1 Thank MitfordJane
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Family birthday celebration”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have had several visits to cafe lowery and this was the latest in order to celebrate my birthday. Six of us enjoyed wonderful food, excellent house wine and the usual splendid service. Special thanks to owner, Ian for the special table decorations. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013