This was the most expensive place I stayed at during my Dales Way walk at £90 per night. The bedroom was pretty tired and old fashioned. The service was OK, but not particularly welcoming and the service at dinner was rather abrupt. There doesn't appear to many options for accomodation in Dent, so the G&D are hardly pushed for competition. The beer was very good, but the food only average. I stayed for one night and it was fine, but wouldn't have wanted to stay longer. Pretty average and over-priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George and Dragon, Dent, is a rural pub, with 10 en-suite bedrooms. We offer a range of beers for our local Dent Brewery alongside nitro-keg and bottled lagers, ciders and bitters Situated in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and just within the border of Cumbria, we are a great base for walking. We offer food daily (noon-2pm and 6pm-8:30pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George And Dragon Hotel Dent
- The George And Dragon Dent, United Kingdom