“Wonderful lunch in fabulous surroundings”

The Conservatory at Ash House Country Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Martock
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Well I have to say Tripadvisor really turned up trumps this time! Exploring our local area we were looking for somewhere nice to have lunch and took the advice. We sat in the charming garden, were looked after well and enjoyed a delightful unhurried meal. I had the lamb burger which was succulent and tasty. My wife had the crab and avocado open sandwich which was equally good! Great to find such a gem on out doorstep!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stopped off once again on my way home at Ash House, ever since having stopped here overnight one time have found it hard not to stop for a bite to eat when in the area.
Just had an excellent sunday lunch with a fabulous new sharing dessert, now I am not ordinarily of a sweet tooth nature but this was delicious and beautifully presented...

Please if passing on the A303, it is well worth calling in, I assure you this place will look after you brilliantly... just wish I could have stayed the evening as felt so relaxed...

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We loved dining each evening here in September!...stayed at this hotel...food so professional we ate in for 3 consecutive nights!.....loved sitting in the lounge for an aperitif....then when meal was close to being served we were guided to the dining room....food was amazing...I would highly recommend this for any occasion....I imagine it would be very special as a wedding venue!......I took photos of the food presentation I loved it so much!......

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We live quite nearby and cannot believe that we haven't tried this place before. It was simply one of the finest lunches we've eaten. Excellent value- for marginally more than a pub main course price we were served really fine quality food including friendly and attentive service. (we don't want to rave too much about Ash house because it's as if it's our little secret)!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Once again a suberb luncheon on a rather special occasion, which the management and staff acknowledged throughout, meeting my several whims with equanimity. The food was delicious, the roast lamb being specially complimented by my guests, and the service solicitous but never intrusive. I wish I could find an excuse to eat here more often.