Best Western Ipswich Hotel
$56
  • Pool
$69
PremierInn.com
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$83
$70
Hotels.com
pentahotel Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$56
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$79
$70
Hintlesham Hall(Hintlesham)
TripAdvisor
Travelodge
All reviewsbar pricessmall tvwould stay againbit datedipswich areacomfortable bedfamily roomdouble roomnew ownerscooked breakfastporkgood nights sleepwedding partycouple of nightsone night stayfor sunday lunchfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Visiting mum and room we normally use at her accommodation booked. Cameo by far cheapest. We found staff friendly, room very spacious and functional and had been recently refurbished. Breakfast lovely with a nice fruit salad with or without juice. Had a drink in the bar and nice coffee. Will definitely use again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Good points: Staff were very friendly and helpful, the best thing about this hotel. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Food served at breakfast was good and varied. Wifi worked well. Shower was very good.

Bad points: Dinner was limited, some meals (e.g.steak) were not good and rather expensive. No bread rolls were offerred, we had to ask. No snacks/sandwiches were available at the hotel except crisps all day, even though there were fliers on the bar tables offering pastries. We were unable to turn off the radiator in our room, but we were quickly moved. Windows, which are quite old did not open & close easily.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the garden at the back for better views
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Large, quite clean rooms with a large bar and dining area, which can cater to a high standard for large groups. Very personal and professional service with very reasonable group rates.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Having just spent a couple of nights at the hotel on business - I felt disappointed with part of the set up, Firstly I should point out that the reception staff were very polite and a broad smile welcomed my party.

The food we ate was good for the price and the setting in parts is fine for the price.

The abysmal wifi signal which reception seemed to feel was a problem with my device - in fact various devices with friends on the trip had the same issue and not one of us was able to send an email. I suggest they sort this if they want business customers to return.

Clearly popular with the older market as they have a special roast dinner set price at key points in the week - my overall view is one of not bad - not great but the manager might like to greet some guests rather than as he did sit in the bar watching the football on the large and very loud TV.
The room we had was dated but clean.
The hotel needs some love and a manager that greets customers and not sit and watch telly on a Wednesday evening.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LighthouseBILL
pegs55, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Sir
May I thank you for your feedback and note that your overall impression of the hotel and its services is a positive one which serves always as a reward to the efforts of the whole team at the Cameo.
I am sad however about your assumption and speculative nature of your comments about the manager that are erroneous and could be seen as malicious for it detracts from what I and my team achieve under my stewardship visible through consistent positive reviews not only here but also on other various sites where we are present and always to great pride and gratefulness from our part. We always aim to genuinely care and be honest as to how we deliver our promises.
As often some claims cannot be verified and their veracity should therefore be questioned but they do in the meantime induce a distorted view and are naturally detrimental to the fairness and objectivity to what reviews are meant to serve. Rightly or wrongly that is a fact that sometimes we learn to live with in hospitality.
I agree that it might not be of the liking of some of our guests but the transmission of football matches in particular at this stage of the season is a popular and entertaining feature with us but is there solely for their enjoyment.
I again thank you for your time in posting your views for it’s only by comments of our guest that I am able to rectify any shortfalls in the business I operate.

Yours sincerely
Nuno de Francisco

Reviewed March 27, 2012

A good location outside of Ipswich although you'll need a taxi to get anywhere if you are not in the car. View from our room on second floor over the garden and terrace was lovely. Staff very friendly and with breakfast included in a double room for 65 quid, that's good value. Downside was that the bed was small (I'd go for a family room next time - that had double and large single in for only a tenner more!) and the shower was not working properly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew R
pegs55, Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Cameo Hotel Copdock after your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that once again the helpfulness of the staff and their high levels of customer service were a factor in that. They are our gretaest asset and we are very proud of them and I know they will be delighted to hear your kind words.

Once again, thank you for such lovely feedback and I do hope that we have the oppurtunity in welcoming you back to the Cameo Hotel again soon.

Kind Regards