“Pamper break”
Review of Ardencote

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary. The grounds are beautiful and vey impressive, room was lovely overlooking the golf course, the staff are very friendly in particular the reception staff think her name was Lauren very welcoming and showed us to our room and where the spa was situated. We had lunch in the brassiere as part of our package not only was the service fantastic but also the food, was pleasantly surprised at the choice and the quality considering the cost to upgrade to the lunch package. The spa facility's are not ok some areas need some tlc and maintenance, the outdoor hot tub is great despite the rain! It's heated and you can order drinks to be brought outside to you which is a nice touch, we then had a back massage each with Leanne which was nice and relaxing before getting ready for our 3 course dinner in the lodge, unfortunately the food in the lodge lets the other fantastic areas of the hotel down and the reason I've not given this review full marks. The starter was the size of a canapé def the smallest size starters I've ever seen in any fine dining establishment, the main course of pork fillet was lacking in flavour, again an overly small portion and the desert small but the taste made up for this course, the service was of a fair standard but I think as the service in reception, the brassiere and the spa was exceptional we expected the same here! We will certainly be returning but only if we can do a package to have dinner at the Brassiere!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ardencote

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I spent a Friday and a Saturday night here with my daughter on a Spa Break Special, which included some treatments and to which we added some extra treats as well. Our timetable was very well organised and we were also able to enjoy good use of other leisure facilities, including the pools, hot tub, whirlpool and sauna. We also attended an exercise class and used the gym. Despite the hotel being very busy on the Saturday, we were still able to enjoy the facilities without it feeling too crowded, except for the outdoor pool area. The weather was beautiful for May and this area was very busy which may put some people off. Given the choice I guess weekends are best avoided unless you do not mind the hen party groups which the spa seems popular for! We ate evening meals in the Lodge Restaurant as part of our package, the food service and atmosphere were all of a good standard. There is certainly something for everyone here, golf, tennis, squash, spa, gym pools, etc all set in beautiful grounds of 83 acres. I would certainly be happy to return, if I ever get the opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Received an excellent corporate rate of under £80 per night. Reservation requests were always responded to quickly. One time error on billing was resolved instantly.

Location is rural. For me this was perfect as no road noise, good views from the rooms and a sense of space. Car parking, even when hotel was full was never an issue. Hotel has good size gym open from 6am which is perfect for business users. Two pools, one inside and one outside, tennis courts, a range of spa treatments which i personally didn't need to use. There is also a hairdressers on site. There are two main communal areas, but many smaller rooms that you can sit and get away from it all. The hotel in the summer will be fantastic as there are loads of outdoor seating areas.

Minor improvement points. The air-con in the rooms was a little too loud for me and I switched it off. The music in the sports bar doesn't fit the feel of the hotel, e.g. more modern, irritating beat music that no one really wants to hear... ever! Bar food was ok, but after a few weeks it would be great to have a better range (obviously you can use the restaurant, but most evenings when you are there working, you don't need the more formal restaurant feel).

Room Tip: The main building rooms are better and easier to get to the gym, pools, bars and restaurants in the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2014

7 of us booked the afternoon tea package, staying overnight with a facial and spa use.
The hotel is lovely, good sized rooms, we were in the courtyard and it was very quiet. We had complimentary tea pot and bags enough for 2, and bottles of water.
The afternoon tea was plentiful with a good selection of sandwiches, cakes, and more clotted cream that we needed. We had to remind the waiter that it was meant to come with champagne, but once sorted it was great. We had a 3 course dinner booked, every course was perfect. Possibly on the small side for some, but just right for us after afternoon tea. Breakfast is a buffet style and had everything you would expect.
The spa itself is good. I especially like the outdoor 'heated' pool - probably about the same temperature as the indoor one, and the outdoor hottub where you can order drinks.
It was much busier on the saturday than the sunday. But there are enough different areas to be in if one place is too crowded you can move elsewhere. The free flow drinks room is a lounge, there's no music playing in there so you can hear other peoples conversations. The tranquility room again you can hear people walking past the room and even into one of the bedrooms next to it, but despite that it is a nice place to snuggle up under blankets. There are plenty of places to get water. Both pools are a decent size if you want to swim.
It is mixed and there are children there, however they are not allowed in the 'hot things' and were all well behaved.
THe facial was an express 25min, and was just as good as other facials I have had. She managed to get in a head and shoulder massage. She didn't talk to me which is how I prefer things - although I usually expect to be asked if I want to be talked through what they are doing. there was no selling of products after either which was good.
One tip is that the spa do not advertise is that they will tumble dry your gown - it takes 30mins, and is great if you don't like sitting around in wet gowns.

Room Tip: I had room 43 which was extra big as it was set up for disabled users. The heating took a bit of ti...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spanzarella
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on a secret escape break which included use of the spa. I pre booked treatments for myself and my husband and I had one of the best full body massages I have ever had. The only disappointment about the spa was the outdoor hot tub was broke so we didn't get to use it.
We ate in the lodge restaurant and the food was lovely. Our room was in the courtyard and we had a lovely view of the golf course.
We had breakfast in the brassiere which was also very nice.
All the staff were great and friendly apart from the brassiere manager who covered the bar while we were there he was quite rude when he told us we could no longer have cocktails as he was too busy !!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Myself plus 8 female family members went for one night for a pre wedding (sort-of-hen) spa break. Single bed was narrow but everything in the room was clean, however bathroom wasn't spotless & there were only enough products for one person. Only one bottle of water, one tea bag & one face cloth between two people. Staff were nice, food was okay, style over substance and I had one vegetarian choice which wasn't very nice. Great breakfast though, swimming pool, steam room & hot tub were nice. Probably wouldn't go again.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lotsoflovelle
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

If you are going for a romantic break or relaxing spa weekend don't bother. The list of bad experiences is so long... Ridiculously overpriced food in 'cafe bar', children dive bombing in pool (I thought this was a relaxing spa hotel?) children screaming up and down corridors, obnoxious women feeling the need to talk very loudly about their sexual exploits at dinner! This was my 30th birthday present during which I spent more time complaining and crying than 'relaxing'! Please do not bother if you are going to relax or get away from it all. Terrible beyond belief.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank wardrobemistress
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#8 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#15 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Ettington Park Hotel
Ettington Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alderminster

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!