“A good venue”

and 1 more site!
Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We originally booked to stay for just one night, to attend a wedding, then found their special offer for a "Summer Monday" this, we thought, would be a good way to extend our stay to explore a part of the country we knew little about.An excellent offer it was too, afternoon cream tea, 3 course dinner in the evening, overnight accommodation, full English breakfast and free ticket for Warwick Castle all for £65 pp.Brilliant value. Hotel is as expected, although, the bed in our room would have better if it was king sized (budget hotels manage this as standard) All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and would return without a second thought. The one thing, however, that let this hotel/spa down was the first person we met, and thus formed our initial impression, was the hotel receptionist. To say this young lady enjoyed her job and was a pleased to serve would be very wide of the mark. Bored, uninterested, waiting for the time to come around to finish her shift would be more accurate. Charisma transplant required. As for the other staff we came across, they were far more professional and made us feel very welcome and valued. Funny how one little thing sticks in your mind to tarnish what otherwise was a great two days.

Room Tip: Lake view would be best
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor we really appreciate your comments.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and that you were able to take advantage of our Summer Monday package. I have noted your comments regarding my Reception Team and I will ensure that further training is implemented accordingly.

Azhar Mian

Write a ReviewReviews (1,194)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here with my friend as we were both celebration birthdays. I cannot fault the rooms or the spa facilities, wonderful. The only problems were in the bar and brasserie. Lunch on the first day took ages, we arrived at twelve as booked and were told to wait a few minutes as we were too early. Then only member of staff was chatting to two customers for ages prior to taking our order we had to ask another member of staff who appeared after a long wait. At dinner we again had a long wait for drinks and the food was average. My friend did not like her main course but we had to wait ages for someone to ask if everything was ok. They asked every other table. We were offered an alternative but by then it was too late. This side of the hotel let down our break. At breakfast the following morning there was not fresh fruit or pastries. When we asked they brought out a bowl of whole fruit some bruised. Another lady was asking for greek yoghurt which was on the menu but not available. The staff said the chef had run out. No excuse in this day and age! pop to tesco's.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable Spa Break here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and I have taken on board your comments regarding The Brasserie and will be speaking with my Management Team accordingly.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wasn’t sure what to expect but the hotel exceeded my expectations and that doesn’t happen too often, particularly in larger establishments.

The staff at check in were efficient and helpful and directed us to our room. We were in Room 52, a modern Courtyard room which overlooked the outdoor swimming pool. Although quite a walk from reception once you knew where you were going it didn’t take long.

The room was a really good size with large bathroom and quality furniture and fittings. All quite new. Very welcome was the room adjustable air conditioning. There was a good size wall mounted flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer etc. As part of our deal with Secret Escapes there was also a bottle of sparkling wine and glasses waiting in the room which was a nice touch. My one gripe about the room would be synthetic pillows but that is probably a personal choice.

For various reasons we didn’t use the leisure club facilities but they looked lovely. Great to have the option of an outdoor pool when the sun is shining and it was in use both when we arrived late Sunday afternoon and before breakfast on Monday morning.

Our deal included a 3 course dinner in the Brasserie. The menu was as it appears on the website and we found it easy to find things we liked. Everything we ate was very tasty, although my husband ordered steak and his arrived cold. However, Ali in the restaurant handled the problem very efficiently. They also didn’t have the wine we’d requested but he was able to offer an alternative (which was probably a better wine) for the same price.

Breakfast was served in the conservatory. It is a buffet and was quite busy on Monday morning but there was still plenty of choice, although we found a waiter circulating with coffee harder to track down, nor could we seem to attract his attention to get a refill!

All in all it was a very pleasant stay and at the right price I’d definitely like to go back to take advantage of the spa and leisure facilities and my husband thought he’d like to try the golf. Yes, there were a few minor niggles but they didn’t detract from the overall experience. It wasn’t perfect, but still very good!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and that we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked this last minute and wasn't disappointed. The drive up to hotel is very picturesque but make sure you have your cigarettes as they don't sell them and no shops nearby. Everything about this hotel was spectacular, I wouldn't recommend families with young kids although there is a play area, but young kids are not allowed in outdoor pool and hot tub. I found this very relaxing a hot tub outside. There is also a indoor pool whirlpool, sauna and spa which all was fab. Although one of the girls need further training in spa as we were point blank told there was no bath robes available (£5 to hire subject to availability) no apology nothing, however Dale who was the concierge went in the back and produced our towels, he also shows you around hotel if required and assisted us in changing rooms due to a wedding thank you Dale you do a fantastic job catering for everyone's needs. This hotel is beautiful for a wedding the setting and whole ambiance. The Lodge restaurant had helpful and very attentive staff. You have to book in advance for a Al Carte meal which might I add the food was exquisite esp the lime sorbet with the cheesecake and the sea bass highly recommended. Again though the lady on reception booked us for a meal but we wasn't on the list which was a touch embarrassing so they need to ensure they tell the Lodge of future bookings. But the staff allocated us a table and was very polite and accommodating thank you as the food was really magnificent. Breakfast was your usual help yourself buffet but a varied selection and you can order certain special dishes, all staff attentive ensuring tea/coffee filled up regular and smiling. On departure double check your bill as we was charged a lot more for our lunch for items we didn't have although once pointed out staff rectified situation . There is so much to do here besides the leisure facilities there are rooms to sit and relax read papers play squash plenty areas to walk around, except for a few minor blips I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you want a romantic or truly chillaxing weekend and I would most definitely return in future with a few girls for girlie weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the lakes and fountain very tranquil

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and I have passed your very kind comments on to our Concierge Dale.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited here for a last minute 'baby moon'. We chose the twilight spa package which was excellent value for money. With friendly and efficient reception staff to welcome us on arrival and attentive waiters to serve a gorgeous 3 course meal in The Lodge restaurant our first night couldn't have been better. In fact I had one of the best night's sleep I have had in ages in the massive comfy bed. The facilities are well laid out, clean and manned by pleasant and helpful staff. Breakfast was excellent and our spa treatments were lovely and relaxing. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable Spa Break here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just arrived home after a one night break at Ardencote Manor via a secret escapes package with my Mum. The drive up was beautiful and the hotel absolutely stunning. We were given a lovely warm welcome by the reception staff who walked us all the way to our room, which was something truly appreciated as I think we'd most likely have gotten lost if not! The room was pretty much a standard 4 star room, we stayed in a twin which, although the beds were pretty small singles, they were comfortable enough and had crisp white sheets. The room itself was very clean and overlooked the lawn and tennis court in the distance. It was very quiet and we didn't notice any excessive noise!
We went for lunch at the brasserie which although was pricey for the portion size, it more than made up for it in how beautifully presented it was. After a stroll around the beautiful grounds we attended the spa for a fish pedicure as part of the escapes deal. It was something neither of us were particularly comfortable about doing as we were quite nervy! The downstairs spa staff were very reassuring and put us at ease with their nice manner. Unfortunately, and this is where my only criticism comes in, the tall blonde lady who we met for the spa treatment left much to be desired in terms of her customer service. After continuing her phone call for a few minutes when we arrived waiting (and without any sort of acknowledgment that she'd be with us as soon as she could) she booked us in and gave us our forms to fill out. At this point we both made it clear how nervous we were and she attempted to put us at ease by cracking a joke that the fish had teeth. Not ideal when I was clearly extremely nervous, although it obviously wasn't said with bad intentions. We went and sat down and after a good ten minute wait watching the fish in the tanks, she arrived to get us started. Unfortunately the long wait just intensified my nerves much more and by the time she arrived to get going I was much more nervous. She explained what to do and that once in we were not to retract our feet out as this could launch fish across the floor. She left us to it without a backward glance and before we'd even got our feet in. My mum was very brave and went in straight away. I took a good 5-10 mins debating whether I could go in and eventually got the nerve to put feet in. Unfortunately I wanted out within a minute as I just didn't like it. Cautious not to jump out, my mum and I called out several times to the woman who just ignored us completely. In the end a different girl rushed over to my panicked screams and assisted us in getting out. I think the spa lady could really use some customer service training as it left me quite upset. Thankfully though the rest of the stay made up for this little upset. The indoor swimming pool was lovely. The bar staff attentive and polite. As for the Lodge where we had our evening meal, I honestly cannot praise them enough. The waiting staff were brilliant and friendly, and the food to die for. Breakfast the following day was really very good compared to most hotels. Overall a really fabulous stay, and I will definitely visit again (just minus the fish pedicure!!!)

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and I have passed you comments on to my Spa Manager who will in turn speak to the relevant member of staff regarding your feedback.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We arrived at reception to be told where our room was, not very easy to find and no offer to help us with our luggage. We then discovered a twin room when we had booked a double. This was rectified quite quickly. We did call reception to ask for a couple of things to be brought to the room, this took a time and the staff didn't seem to know what they were bringing to us. An ice bucket arrived instead of a vase! The hotel lacked personality. Lots of long corridors and a lounge that looked like you were in a retirement home. We found the staff had no real personality and were just doing a job. We didn't eat in the hotel as the brasserie looked very plain and lacked any ambience. Breakfast was okay but again felt a big improvement could be made with a little more staff training. We were pleased to be only staying for one night.

1  Thank Shutterbugjlt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Nailcote Hall Hotel and Golf Club
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!