Ardencote
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Bridge House(Henley in Arden)
View Hotel
The White Swan Hotel(Henley in Arden)
View Hotel
Henley Hotel(Henley in Arden)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
The Oak Hotel(Hockley Heath)
Stratford Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
1,246 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolspa breakhot tubspa facilitieslodge restauranthole golf courseevening mealtennis courtstable tennishen partiescream teasteam roomrelaxation roomthrough secret escapeslovely groundsthree course mealchanging rooms
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our 5th wedding anniversary as it's also where we got married. We stayed in a superior suite with a beautiful view over the lake and golf course.

The room was supposed to have a bottle of champagne delivered which I had to chase up twice, plus there was fruit in the room on arrival which was clearly end of life and not fresh.

Spa and gym were excellent and the food in the restaurant was of a very high standard. It all unraveled on the night when we discovered we'd been placed in a room above a function that went on till 1AM. Upon complaining to reception we were advised we shouldn't have been put in that room to start with. Had an awful nights sleep, it's a shame this undermined the whole experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank MachinesUK
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor we all feedback is appreciated and helps us to grow our business.

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations during your return visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel, we do have a small number of rooms that sit above our function rooms and during busy times these rooms have to be occupied. This should have been explained to you on booking and my sincere apologies if this was not the case and I will speak to my team regarding this matter.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at Ardencote. It is a lovely place, the room was very clean and spacious and the bed very comfy. We had a 3 course evening meal and breakfast, (both included in price) both were good, especially the evening meal. I recommend the duck main course!

I called to enquire about availability as the online booking system said no rooms were available for the night I wanted but they did have rooms available so don't trust the website booking system!

Also, on the phone I was quoted (1 night for 2ppl) £150 for B&B or £200 for D,B&B in a standard room, I said I would call them back to confirm after checking with husband and babysitter. Before calling back I checked their special offers on the website and discovered that for £5 less than the £200 for D,B&B in standard room we could have D,B&B in a superior room with champagne, strawberries, chocolates, bath robes, fruit bowl & mineral water on their "Romantic Break" offer @£195 per couple! So, added luxury for less money!

I have rated very good instead of excellent as the robes, fruit bowl, water and chocs were not in the room, we informed reception when we went for dinner and they were in the room when we returned. Not a big deal, more of a niggle but should not have to ask.

Before leaving we both had a pedicure in the Spa (pre booked with 10% discount for hotel guests) This was very good and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharpep

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Romantic Break here at the Ardencote Manor and we hope that you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a birthday treat, girlie weekend break. We were welcomed to the spa, shown round and given a detailed itinerary for our day. The pools were clean and of a reasonable size, the outdoor hot tub was great despite the rain! We each had two treatments the staff were competent and friendly. We lunched as part of our package in the new brasserie, it was a buffet, the hot food was cold and there was no dressing with the salad.

We checked into the hotel and our rooms were in the courtyard section, the receptionist was curt and showed us very little welcome or courtesy. The rooms over looked lovely landscaped gardens. One was much bigger than the other, they were clean and well equipped with toiletries and tea and coffee. You could hear people in the adjoining room.

We had several drinks in the bar, the staff were lovely, friendly helpful and chatty particularly the guy from South Africa.

The brasserie is a lovely bright conservatory that looks out over the lawns, the menu looked very good, with a good selection to suit most tastes. When the food arrived it was at best disappointing, the soup cold, the goats cheese parfait tasteless, steaks not cooked to requirements, chicken Kiev with no hint of garlic. The deserts were ordered and then they forgot to bring one, so it arrived after the others had eaten theirs! They served hot lemon meringue pie on a hot plate with a melted parfait. We complained to the waiter he wasn't interested and then we complained again, they asked the manager to come he arrived as we were leaving and then gave us some money off the bill, what we wanted was a prompt apology!

Breakfast was in the palm room, it was a buffet, the hot food was good, we arrived just after 8, just after it opened, however the buffet was not completely set up on arrival as pastries weren't laid out until we'd eaten! Not really good if you'd wanted a continental which one of our party did.

The grounds are fabulous and really well maintained, I would recommend the spa as its vry good.

Room Tip: Ask for room 25 as its huge!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 186400Caroline
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback and our apologies that your evening meal was not to our explicably high standards. The Brasserie is a popular restaurant within the hotel and it receives many positive comments about the food and service and I can only apologise that certain aspects of your meal were not to your satisfaction. I will of course discuss these with my Head Chef and with the manager who handled your complaint.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel and as such would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel so that I can ensure that your next visit is more enjoyable.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We've stayed here twice now and both times have been enjoyable. We were given the s factor spa package which is an overnight stay with spa treatment, use of facilities, evening meal and breakfast included. The first time we stayed was mid week in the summer and the experience was better then. The standard of food was much higher as we ate in the lodge restaurant. This time it was much busier but the 25 min treatment (back massage) was very good and there was still plenty of room for us to lounge around both the inside and outside pools. The service staff are also very helpful and friendly. The evening meal was the only disappointment. We both went for the steak which is normally priced at £18. It was tough, overcooked and cold. We weren't the only table to complain about our meal so that's definitely something to watch out for. The grounds keepers also mowed the lawn at 7 on the sunday morning. All in all though I would probably go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Kat E

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on your second visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel and we hope that you will chose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I spent one night with a friend at this hotel and we had a great time .It was lovely to get away from the washing,ironing and general cleaning a mum does and to be treated like a queen.
Hotel accomadation was great,food was superb and service second to none!
Lovely spa facilities and we would come back again.
Kind regards
Fiona Kirk

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor all feedback is appreciated and helps us to grow our business.

I am really pleased that you had an enjoyable time here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and we hope that you will visit again soon.