Ardencote
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Bridge House(Henley in Arden)
View Hotel
The White Swan Hotel(Henley in Arden)
View Hotel
Henley Hotel(Henley in Arden)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
The Oak Hotel(Hockley Heath)
Stratford Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
1,232 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolspa breakhot tubspa facilitieslodge restauranthole golf courseevening mealtennis courtstable tennishen partiescream teasteam roomrelaxation roomthrough secret escapeslovely groundsthree course mealchanging rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I've recenty had the pleasure of being taken to the ardencote manor hotel by my boyfriend, we went for a wedding show around and the venue is amazing! It seems to be a very busy hotel which can hold up to 2 wedding per day however they are kept very separate in completely different buildings comprising of the manor house or the lakeside. If you are having a civil ceremony at the lakeside you even have the oportunituy to get married at the outdoor wedding pavilion on one of the lakes island!!
The real pleasure was to find my boyfriend had booked a table at the Lodge restaurant as a surprise. The food was superb and truly fine dining! The ambience was perfect and the service attentive but unobtrusive. I found it lovely that the Lodge is a seperate to any of the hotel. Will definitely be recommending to my friends and family!

• Stayed: March 2013
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and that whilst here you took a tour of our Wedding facilities.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night as part of a hen weekend. The room was lovely with good comfy beds and a great view. The shower had good pressure but kept changing between freezing and scorching! We had lunch in the bar near the spa, very nice although a tad pricey. We had dinner that evening which was very good although the portions were a bit on the small side. All staff were very pleasant.
On to the spa... Sadly it didn't live up to my expectations. There is a small pool, jaccuzi, steam room and sauna indoors. Fairly standard for a 4* hotel, nothing special. Outdoors was another jaccuzi but we never got to use it as it was constantly full. The outside pool was shut. It was incredibly busy with a few hen parties and various families with kids. It wasn't a particularly relaxed atmosphere! We all had our nails done. I actually felt sorry for the staff as it was chaos! So many people turning up for treatments, I'd say they were overbooked. Having said that, the lady I had did a very good job of my nails and I didn't feel rushed at all. She was friendly and happy to chat as she worked.
All in all, we enjoyed our day. It's just a shame the spa was so manic. My only major negative is that we could not continue to use the facilities after we had checked out. Any other hotel I have been to has been happy to allow you to do this.
Still, its a nice place with great staff. I'd stay again if I saw a deal on.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I was pleased that you enjoyed your Hen Party here at the Ardencote Spa. There are just a few points that I would like to offer a response to, if I may:

-Our Spa facilities are extensive for a Hotel Spa, as you mentioned we do have an indoor pool, which is 13.5 metres in length along with the other wet facilities. It is unfortunate that the weather is still in freezing temperatures as we had hoped to have the outdoor pool open in March.
-We do have three relaxation lounges, which are for Spa guests only and these were available to you during your stay should you have wished for a quieter environment.
-You may arrive to the Spa from 10:30am on day of arrival and we kindly ask that you depart at 10:30am on day of departure. This allows you 24 hours use of facilities and ensures that we don't overfill the Spa on a daily basis.

I do hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Spent a weekend there and I must say this place is not what it claims to be. Stepping into a 4 star hotel my expectations were much higher. Robes for the spa are not provided for hotel guests which means you have to walk in your bathing suit in the hotel corridors. The place is maintained just enough to pass as clean. Looks more like a convention center rather than a Spa hotel, and pricey at that. So if you are aiming at luxary and high quality - look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Dont take a room in the main house - they are tatty and cold.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron J

Dear Guests

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I would like to respond to some of your comments, as follows:

-I would like to advise that all Spa packages include robes and slippers, therefore I am presuming that you were booked on to a Leisure Break? As I am sure you can appreciate during busy periods robes are limited, so for non-Spa package guests robes can be hired from our Spa Reception for a small fee.
-We are a Four Star Manor House Hotel with 40 dedicated Spa Bedrooms, Spa facilities and treatment rooms and separate to the Spa, a short distance from the Hotel, we have a purpose-built conference centre which sits on our 3 acre lake.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Arrived early so rooms were not ready. Went to use spa which was ok, pool a bit dark and not much space round the pool to sit. The outdoor hot tub was great especially as it was snowing.
We were given robes which were not the best stained and worn. As we were on a Sunday Spa package we expected a hot stone back massage, we were disappointed as we only got a normal massage. Mine was particularly hard and hurt more than relaxed me. My fault I suppose as I should have said something. Spa area not great a little bit small.

The rooms were lovely and cannot complain about anything which is great.

The evening meal was in the restaurant and was lovely. The waiter was helpful and very pleasant. The restaurant was outside the hotel a two or three minute walk but as it was snowing it was not great to have to walk there, would have Ben nicer if it was in the hotel.

Breakfast was ok, and served in the conservatory which was a bit cold.

On Monday there were workmen in the corridors who were very polite but they had to keep moving to let guests by.

Overall we had a nice time, the place is lovely but it is all too spread out. Spa could have been a lot better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ladiesthattour

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and I hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future once the new Restaurant is open.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

we visited ardencote manor during a wedding open day/fayre and took a tour of the hotel with a view to booking it as a potential wedding venue. The hotel grounds and outside space are quite simply beautiful , the rooms were clean and spacious with a lovely view over the lake. Sadly it showed its true colours when we tried to discuss options with the wedding co ordinator. She was rude and dismissive, we werent invited to sit down even though someone had provided adequate seating. We asked questions and were simply referred to the brochure which was laying on her desk - it was pointed to and pushed towards us. Halfway through the discussion, she started to collect her possessions to leave - we felt like an inconvenience as she was obviously ready to leave. Indeed we saw her in the car park 10 mins later. If she had indicated to us that there was no time to discuss we could have made an appointment to return, but this option wasnt offered. Compared to other locations such as Nailcote (simply the most professional/friendly set up I have ever visited) we were totally shocked by the lack of professionalism and service. We wrote to the hotel after and to date are still awaiting a response some three weeks or so later. No doubt the manager doesnt believe it warrants even the usual token comment that is posted. If you care about the most important day of your life I would strongly recommend that you avoid this like the plague !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda G

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review of the Ardencote Manor Hotel on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apologies for the standard of service which you received. I can assure you that your experience is certainly not the norm- we are regularly voted in the top 5 Wedding destinations in Warwickshire and would not be so highly regarded if this is how we treated our guests.

It would appear that there has been some confusion regarding our Sales strategy and I apologise for this. We are more than happy to receive enquiries for future years- obviously there might be a slight revision of menus and pricing, however the basis of the Wedding package will be the same as in our existing brochure.

I wish you all the very best for your daughter’s wedding.