“Professionalism at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ardencote

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Professionalism at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I would like to send a very strong positive message to the management of Ardencote Manor about the profesioanlism of all the staff we met on our Romantic Spa Break this weekend. From the instant we walked in the door tothe moment of leaving every member of staff we came across was pleasant, helpful courteous and above all carried out their duties in a truly professional manner, We met bar, breakfast, restaurant, Spa, reception, porter and cleaning staff; I cannot praise them highly enough. It has been many years since I have been priveledged to this sort of care and attention and will certainly be back for more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GRB186334

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

my parents stayed here as a treat from myself, and they had a fantastic time!! the rooms were lovely and impressive. cant fault the food either.. they especially loved the hot tub which is such a bonus! the bad reviews ive read on here must be from people who enjoy moaning rather than having a relaxing time. i have since been to the ardencote as my parents enjoyed it so much.
. the spa is brilliant. so relaxing!! treatments were out of this world!!! i would recommend in having a treatment.!! the hotel on the whole is 10/10 to me. and i will be coming here all the time as they cater for everythink here under one roof.
thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: any room there all nice!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently visited Ardencote Manor for a one night spa break, and were very disappointed. It wasn't awful, just very tired and old fashioned, and certainly not as good as we'd either hoped or had imagined having looked at pictures of the property online.
We arrived at lunchtime and as our room wasn't ready went straight to the restaurant for a buffet lunch. That really set the tone, with lunch firmly being of the 'canteen' variety, and the room really needing refurbishment. We were so disappointed that even though we had a 3 course meal included as part of the package that evening, we actually decided to go and eat in nearby Stratford instead.
The spa was ok, but again not special or luxurious by any means. Our room was comfortable, but again lacking in any sense of luxury. Not somewhere we would recommend or visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulandJane10
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your recent stay with us and I would like to address some of the points that you have made, as I feel that they are not a true reflection of your time at the Ardencote Manor Hotel:

-Our packages state that you may check in to the Spa from 10:30am and your bedrooms from 2:30pm, you checked-in at 1.50pm, which was 40 minutes before the published time.
-We take your feedback onboard regarding your lunch experience, however it was clear to see we are nearing the completion of our new Brasserie Restaurant and therefore on busy days we have to utilize one of the close by function suites as an overflow Restaurant. The lunch inclusive within your package is a light lunch, which would typically include a choice of two hot dishes and cold meats and salads followed by a choice of desserts and a glass of wine, which we believe to be great value.
-I understand that you chose to dine offsite in the evening, however I would like to advise that had you decided to dine in our 2 Rosette Fine Dining restaurant I am certain that you would have had an enjoyable evening meal.
-The Courtyard Spa bedrooms have been designed with the needs of a Spa Break guest in mind – proximity to the Spa, spacious, contemporary with all the modern amenities. We do have Suites available and should you have bought your feedback to our attention during your stay we could have offered an upgrade.

chelsea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club & Spa is a family owned hotel which caters for conferences, weddings, spa and golf breaks. Its set in lovely grounds and the countryside around is very charming. It needs to make more of the ‘country house’ claim ie make the drawing room more cosy (we went in Dec – felt they should have lit the fire as it was cold and rainy outside), also need to make more of the bar and it might encourage people to drink in it – better, more luxurious furniture perhaps.

Our accommodation wasn’t in the main hotel – it was in the newer block. Our bedroom was large and could have taken a king size bed which is what we’re actually used to, unfortunately we had to make do with a standard double which seemed strange as the room was large enough for something bigger. The room was clean, had a desk and free internet access. Good size bathroom. It wasn’t what you'd call luxurious though and I think that’s what I was excepting from a ‘country’ hotel.

The grounds are beautiful and if you’re into golf this is probably the place for you.

One night we were too tired to go out, we ordered room service but when told we’d have to pay £10 for the privilege we decided to go down to the bar/café – wish we hadn’t bothered – food wasn’t great, no atmosphere and over priced plus nobody there so the staff could have just brought out food up to our room for nothing! If you want good quality food go into Claverdon which is a few minutes drive up the road. There are loads of places there, two of them award winning.

The swimming pool was a good size and the area had a sauna and steam room plus sun beds – all very nice. The icing on the cake was the really warm outdoor Jacuzzi – a real treat. There is also an outdoor swimming pool for use in the warmer weather. There is also a hairdressers in the hotel.

Breakfast was fantastic – lots of choice and served in a really nice room with view of the garden.

I did enjoy the hotel but felt more could be made to make it feel more 'country house'.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ellenkeegan
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that we were unable to meet all of your expectations during your recent stay, however I was pleased to read that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our outdoor hot tub!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel it's self is beautiful and the rooms are very clean. How ever they are pretty basic for the price you pay.

The breakfast was awful the fruit was out of season and inedible. The juices where not fresh they were out of a concentrate carton gave me flash backs to school dinners! The cooked food was not cooked properly the sausages made me and my partner very sick. And finally the cups and dishes where not clean lipstick stains and anything else the dishwasher didn't get off.

• Stayed January 2013
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I spent New Years at Ardencote Manor for the 2012-2013 celebrations. Having stayed at luxury spa hotels before we both had high expectations for this stay, and looking at the photos on their website it seemed to back up our expectations. Well, no doubt the grounds and the exterior of the hotel are very impressive, however, the restaurant dining room was a little bland and the room that we were in was nice but disappointing. The hotel from the outside looks old fashioned with character, the room we were in was old fashioned, just not in a good way, it seemed outdated and not very luxurious. It was a little rough around the edges, especially in the bathroom, cracked floor tiles and one on the wall too, plus a little mildew around the bath. It was a lovely big bathroom though and had a nice big bath, but no wall mounted shower which we thought was very strange. As we are both tall, 6ft, we struggled with that, I especially had trouble washing my hair I had to slouch down so that the shower head could reach the top of my head, not exactly what I would associate with a relaxing break away in a spa hotel. Also, the bed was only a standard double, I know that is something that I could have researched and seen before booking, but I think a king size bed is not too much to ask for in hotels.
On a more positive note the breakfast was really nice, good selection of cold and hot foods and juices, the only thing that I think would improve the breakfast would be if they gave you your own pot of tea or coffee on the table instead of the waiting staff having to run around the dining room pouring tea and coffee and clearing tables and taking orders from the menu for breakfast.
The Spa was nice, again not particularly breath taking, the main thing we liked about it was the outdoor hot tub, that was nice and the outdoor swimming pool, that would be nice in the summer.
We ate in the main restaurant both nights, the first night we had a lovely three course meal, the staff were very attentive, but not in your face and accommodated our request to move table as they had seated us next to a radiator on full blast. So absolutely no complaints about the food or staff, but the actual restaurant was too hot, I think having the radiators on that high in a restaurant, even in the winter is a little excessive. The second night, NYE we again had a lovely three course meal, with canapés and champagne to begin. Again, we had different expectations of this evening, canapés were from 7pm and dinner was 8pm. We arrived just after 7pm expecting to be served canapés with the other guests and just mill around for an hour or so. Nope we arrived to the majority of the restaurant sitting at their tables and a few people milling around talking. So after a canapé we went to our table ourselves. We were finished a three course meal by 9pm. Three hours till midnight and only a disco to occupy ourselves till then. We had thought that the meal would’ve taken a little longer, but again absolutely no complaint about the food or staff, both were lovely. The food was amazing. The only other thing which grated on me a little bit was that at midnight they were not going to give you a glass of champagne to see the new year in, you had to request to buy either a bottle or half bottle on top what you had already paid for the evening. We decided to celebrate ourselves with a bottle in our room watching the fireworks in London.
So all in all a good break, lovely food, nice hotel, I think the rooms or certainly our room could do with updating and a wall mounted shower.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that we were unable to meet all of your expectations during your New Years stay, however I was delighted to read your comments regarding the quality of food and service and I have forwarded these to my team.

England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Living quite local my daughter for a pre Christmas treat booked us in for a gel overlay manicure which includes cuticle care & nail shape, finished with Jessica’s geleration gel polish at a cost of £38 and a Zenspa pedicure with geleration which was supposed to be a luxurious pedicure including hard skin removal, feet and legs massaged with conditioning creams, cuticles groomed; toe nails shaped and finished with Jessica geleration gel polish. The treatments are ok as long as you get a therapist who can be bothered to deliver the full treatment and not a half hearted attempt. The cuticles on the hands were just pushed back the gel applied. As for the luxury pedicure the cuticles just pushed back and the gel applied this for £60 what a rip off.

My daughter rang in the afternoon after she had looked at the brochure on the internet to see what we should have received and was horrified that she had paid for treatment on the pedicure that we did not receive.

Evidently it is company policy that refunds are not given and the Manager on the telephone was verhy apologetic and informed my daughter that everything would be sorted and she would look at the hands and feet to make sure that everything was satisfactory. Well on arrival at the spa we neither saw the Manager, which is very bad manners after saying she would be inspecting the work. We did receive the treatment that was missed on the pedicure excluding the gel overlay. We then left feeling very disappointed and not treated in a very good manner.

All I can say is if you book for treatments make sure before you go what you should actually receive and make sure you get it and are charged the correct amount. The prices are extortionate and I know you would get the same treatments more competitive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 6344271040
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,801 reviews
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,625 reviews
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!