“Not Impressed”

Ardencote
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Claverdon
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed this Sunday, was told breakfast was included, then was charged £10.95, for cereal and a coffee, breakfast host was ignorant. Room was dated and bed small uncomfortable. Wasn't impressed generally, i wont be going back, will drive further and find a Marriott. On the plus side, it's a nice setting - that's it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ardencotemanor, General Manager at Ardencote, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the Ardencote Manor Hotel. A Full English Breakfast is included in all our packages, except on specific Corporate Rates. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Azhar Mian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here overnight prior to a day in the spa.

We checked in late (10pm) and were directed, rather than shown, to our rooms. The hotel is quite spralling so it was a bit of a walk to from the reception to the room.

The room I was in was large, the decor was a bit old fashioned and the TV was attached to the wall at a peculiar angle which made watching it in bed a bit difficult.

The bathroom was clean and looked relatively recently done. The room overlooked the golf course.

I used the fitness suite in the morning. It was quiet and although not the latest equipment I had no complaints.

I had cereal and fruit for breakfast but was disappointed to see that the cooked breakfast was self service rather than cooked to order.

The spa day was a success, the treatments were fab and we used both the indoor pool/jacuzzi and the outdoor pool and hot tub. Lunch was served in the Lodge, we were the only ones in there so our concern about arriving in our robes/slippers were unfounded! It was a buffet lunch, which was perfectly fine.

From what I saw of the grounds, I imagine it would make a beautiful wedding venue.

I'd recommend the spa but would say that, as a hotel, it was average only.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KAM_Poole
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent Spa Break at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Redditch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was our second visit to Ardencote Manor Hotel & Spa and it was as fabulous as the previous time. The room was lovely and spotlessly clean with great tea/coffee facilities and a large television. The air conditioning took someto figure out and the corridors were a little to chilly. The Lodge restaurant is highly recommended for the menu and service.
Our main reason for the stay was the Spa which we love and cannot fault the treatments or the staff although it is rather expensive, Hopefully I will be receiving birthday or Christmas vouchers so we can return again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nannyloulou

southampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a Sunday night and both bars didn't seem to have anyone around to serve. The receptionist came out eventually but then got all flustered and then ran off to get someone! The lodge restaurant we had no complaints, the Greek waiter was great. Food was excellent. Spa very good. The courtyard room we stayed in was nicely decorated however the shower fan was broken and so the wall paper in bedroom was mouldy at bottom. This could have been easily fixed and saved the paper. Breakfast was OK but the service was odd. We were sat and not asked for tea/coffee for ages. then someone cane round filling up your tea. we love our tea in the morning, so eventually we asked for a pot. To order cooked breakfast we waited a while, again if we'd have been asked quicker that would been better. We both said the staff seemed a bit down beat and not that cheery.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the most part of your recent Spa Break at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and i would like to thank you for bringing the maintenance issue to my attention i will have my team look at this as a matter of urgency.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for our four year anniversary on a deal which entitled us to a free bottle of champagne which they forgot. When we chased it, it didn't come. We chased it again and it took ages to arrive.

Plenty to do in the Spa but even in cold November we couldn't get into the outdoor pool as it was constantly packed.

The breakfast and dinner was very nice though.

The decor is dated and it's only just a four star in my opinion.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your recent Spa Break at the Ardencote Manor Hotel. We would welcome the opportunity to change your opinion of the Hotel should you wish to stay with us again.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Attended a conference at this hotel and ate lunch.

All the staff were friendly and tried hard to provide a good service. For lunch there was a choice of 3 hot dishes (fish/chicken/pasta in nice sauces), crispy salad, a meat plate with various offerings and a cold fish plate; this was particularly scrummy. There were also a couple of choices for desert.

Plenty of car parking spaces and a golf course make this a smart hotel to visit...I'll come here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent Conference here at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Derby, United Kingom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked a Spa break for my wife and I to get away from things unwind and enjoy. We annually get away every year in November and have had both highs and lows. This hit the highs in a BIG way. Firstly I must highly compliment all the staff in the Lodge restaurant, first class service, food and ambiance all round. I have eaten at many high class restaurants in my time and this is among the best. This was part of a spa break deal but you had the choice of the Ala carte menu as well with a small and very reasonable supplement that wouldn't stretch the pocket. All the food from entree to dessert were outstanding and made our anniversary very special!
The Hotel and Spa staff were equally helpful, warm and welcoming with nothing too much to ask and always had a smile at every turn. The Spa treatment was equally fabulous and the surroundings were relaxing and clean everywhere. Even though there were renovations being carried out to further enhance the hotel these in no way impeded the stay or effected our enjoyment of it. I will certainly be returning when they are finished as they looked impressive.
Breakfast was fabulous with a fresh pot of tea to each table and a large selection of both warm and cold food. Again the staff here were warm smiling and welcoming.
All in all I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and restaurant to any of my friends and family!
I look forward to returning in the very near future
From Mr Steve and Nicki Jones

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Ardencote Manor Hotel and thank you for all your praising comments.

Azhar Mian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claverdon
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,801 reviews
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,625 reviews
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews

Been to Ardencote? Share your experiences!