“a lovely b and b”

Ye Olde Station Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shustoke
Reviewed August 4, 2008

this is the 2nd time we have stayed at the old station guest house
the owners are lovely,the room are fine clean and tidy, tea and coffee set up in the room.
there is a train track behind the guest house,and as for noise there is a little but what else would you expect..........
i think the other people who winged about about it should really look at the title of the guest house
breakfast was fine i had a lovely veggie one and my hubby a meat breakfast.
there is a pub a few min walk away,but you do need to book .
shustoke has lovely little villages dotted around it.
and its really easy to get to.
if we were up that way again we would stay at ye old station guest house.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eagleeye73

Reviewed May 31, 2008

I'm amazed about the comment, "a quiet rumble from the trains". We stayed at this B&B, which, while rather old-fashioned and dated, was very friendly and welcoming. However, none of us got a good night's (or even a night's) sleep at all. The trains were extremely loud all through the night and shook the entire room. Breakfast was actually very disappointing, wtih very cheap sausage and rather greasy overall. It was in a very convenient location for our puposes but if I were to return to the area for the NEC etc, I would look elsewhere. The Bull at Furnace End (5 mins' walk away) was superp for food (need to book).

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2007

I bartered for my b&b price because I stayed for 4 nights and was on a tight budget. I got a good deal but my room didn’t look like any on the internet photos so I may have been downgraded? However I got a double bed for the price of a single. It had a bit of a spooky feel to stay in on my own (it was a bit gloomy with dark furniture) but I got used to it. The shower and sink were in the room and the toilet was separate. Les and Pat are very nice and friendly and the breakfast was super - very tasty. The place is quite remote and very quiet, just the occasional gentle rumble of the trains, so a good night’s sleep is guaranteed. I was amazed at the high cost of accommodation in general in the area – couldn’t quite understand it, but I guess it’s all NEC custom? I didn’t visit so can’t say how long it would take to get there. I think if I had paid full price I would have felt cheated.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank cheekychubbychops
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Myself and a couple of friends stay here for the Motor GP at Donnington every year and i thought it time to put my views down about this delightful B & B.

Pat and Les are the epitomy of old fashioned values and delightful hosts. Its a wonder this place isnt fully booked all the time as the rooms and the welcome are both warm and inviting.
I have stayed at some very expensive hotels in my life but none as relaxed and comfortable as this.

Rooms range from £45 to £65. All have full on suite facilities and are warm and comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities are also included in the price as well as a hearty continental or full cooked english breakfast.

Evening meals can be had just down the road at the local pub, but get there early as it is so good it soon fills up and you usually have to book a table. The food is cooked by a professional chef and all items on the menu are at a very reasonable cost (too cheap if you ask me!)

This B & B is really handy for the airport, NEC, Donnington and the general countryside.

For you golfers out there there is the Belfry close by and horse riding in the local area.

Short break or one night stop over you'll be hard pushed to find somewhere better.

Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Mr_Ed01
Reviewed November 24, 2006

Stayed at the Guest House for 1 night as visiting the NEC (Birmingham) for the BBC Good Food Show the following day.

Twin Room B&B rate for 2 adults £65. Les and pat Molloy are very friendly and welcoming hosts. Room was large, comfortable and very warm. TV in the room plus tea/coffee making facilities. Small but adequate bathroom with whb/toilet/shower cubicle.

As the name shows you are next to a railway line, but don't let this put you off, they don't run late at night. Slept like a log.

In the Dining/Lounge area there is Sky satellite TV if you wish, next to this area is a pool table (play for free).

We were directed by Pat & Les to the pub along the road, (Turn left out of the front gate and walk about 400 yds). Friendly atmosphere and huge food portions for a reasonable price. We liked it so much we did't leave to go back to the guest house until midnight.

Full English breakfast in the morning was a treat with all the other trimmings, fruit juice, cereal and toast and a nice pot of tea.

If you need a stop over for visiting the NEC, this is the place to stay. Les gave us directions to the NEC, pretty straightforward, and took us 15 mins.

Excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank teenager65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shustoke
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC
3 mi away
The Grimscote Manor Hotel
The Grimscote Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Coleshill

Been to Ye Olde Station Guest House? Share your experiences!