We stayed here for one night and would happily have stayed longer but instead will have to go back again, especially as we didn't make it to nearby Arundel Castle.
We had a large, very comfortable and quiet double room on the ground floor in the new part of the hotel, with french doors on to the garden . The bed was very comfortable, spare pillows and blankets in the wardrobe, the bath sheets were soft and enormous, and the slippers and fluffy bath robes which were also provided added a touch of luxury, as did the chocolates on the pillows.
We had a look at some of the rooms in the original hotel which, whilst well-worn, seemed nevertheless to be lovely rooms. One in particular still has its original fireplace and little nooks and crannies, giving it loads of character and charm. The decent-sized swimming pool is clean, warm and attractive, and there's a sauna and fitness room too, all just near the reception, so very easily accessible. Spa treatments are available at reasonable prices but have to be booked in advance and we didn't have the time to sample these - will do next time.
What stood out more than anything was the excellent food. The menu seems quite straight-forward, with a good choice of uncomplicated dishes, but the dishes we chose were prepared to perfection and beautifully presented. We had a superb two-course meal with a bottle of very drinkable house red for just under £35 per head. The meal, whilst not cheap, was up there with some of the best and well worth it, and the service both in the restaurant and generally in the hotel was very friendly and efficient. A full cooked English breakfast was included in the room rate, with lovely freshly-sliced fruit and meusli or cereals to start.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Angmering Manor and plan to come back again sometime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angmering Manor is a stunning country house hotel, located in the South Coast village of Angmering. Thought to have been built by missionaries in the 16th century, it now offers 17 exquisitely decorated en-suite bedrooms, each with personal bathrobes, slippers, Wi-Fi, a plasma television and tea & coffee facilities. We also offer an a la carte restaurant and on-site leisure facilities, including a heated indoor swimming pool, mini-gym, sauna and beauty treatments from our on-site beauty therapist. Free car parking is also available at the premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Angmering Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angmering Manor Hotel West Sussex
- Angmering Manor West Sussex
- Angmering Manor Littlehampton