Angmering Manor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolon arrivalcooked breakfastfour postermain coursespotted cowlovely gardenlocal pubchristmas lunchvery nice staygarden areachristmas decorationslarge bathroomfollowing morningquaint hoteldining roomduck
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I was looking forward to a nice spa retreat day for myself and was very disappointed. The room itself looked very nice in the photographs but in reality, the carpets were filthy and stained, the furniature was peeling away and chipped and very tired looking and the wardrobe was filthy inside. The bathrooms were brand new and delightful but that was my only good point to make. The bed was hard as a rock, I could not sleep in it. I had to call the cleaner back to clean who was less than impressed I have to say.

Carpets in the hallways were FILTHY and had not even seen a hoover and there was a smell of musty/damp in the hallways.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ActionNowGal
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed 1 night 17/12. Nice quirky hotel but could have been better with just a little more effort. Room fine with newly reburbed bathroom. Nice large shower but there was also room for bath which partner would have prefered. Carpets in hallways need replacing. Evening meal good but would have prefered veg served in dishes rather than all on the plate and covered in gravy. Little breakfast menu choice and whilst good quality - portions were small. Service good throughout. Website short on useful info and well below competitors standards.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david_baker64
Reviewed December 13, 2011

On business in the area and decided upon a hotel away from Worthing centre. A great choice, the staff are friendly and the hotel is very good. Traditional English manor house hotel. Low ceilings in places but beautifully decorated throughout.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday, paid a little extra for the four poster room which was definitely worth while, massive luxury bathroom with whirlpool and large walk-in shower, good size room with large TV and french windows going straight out on to the beautiful garden.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was it was excellent, delicious and well presented. The food service was also, great very professional and polite waiting staff. though I cant comment on breakfast because the bed was far too comfortable we missed it completely!

Only complaints would be that some of the front of house staff were a bit cranky and unapproachable, which was a shame becuase some of the staff were fantastic!
Also, it was a bit noisy, lots of banging and crashing when ever the other doors near our room we used.

Those small niggles aside, this is an excellent and high value for money hotel in a lovely village. We came from London and making our way there by train was cheap and simple enough.

PS
For lunch in the village we went to the 'Spotted Cow' which is a 'localy' sort of pub just 3 minutes walk from the hotel and has a great menu!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here for just one evening as I was on business in the local area. The Staff were very helpful and polite, the room warm and comfortable and the food was to a very high standard, I would recommend the hotel to anyone. The only downside was that the Free Wi-Fi signal was very poor and as the mobile phone signal is not the best in the area either it did make it quite difficult to send and receive my work emails.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business