The Lamb at Angmering
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Angmering Manor(Angmering)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewslambthe pubeggs benedicthigh standardnespresso machinelittle detailsstaff were all very friendlywet roomcomfortable roomsunderfloor heatingwarm receptionexcellent qualityfull englishtea and coffee making facilitiesonly stayed one nightlovely placesmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked The Lamb whilst looking for something different. A colleague of mine from the USA was coming over and we were working together for 3 days in Worthing. He travels an *extraordinary* amount and I'm sure he sees more than his fair share of faceless, corporate hotel chains that are exactly the same wherever you are in the world. I was looking for luxury, good food, and primarily a little slice of England. I can say without hesitation that The Lamb offers all 3 of these in abundance!

Due to a cancelled morning appointment in the area, we turned up well ahead of check in time. The staff did their upmost to get a room ready as soon as posible for my jet-lagged colleague. We waited no more than 15 minutes after arriving. And what better place to wait than a bustling, 'proper' bar. A good choice of beers, coffee on tap (something which more pubs should do), a nice atmosphere and very attentive service. I whiled away an hour or so whilst waiting for my room to be prepared - still ahead of check in time.

The room was excellent. Clean, warm, well appointed with coffee / tea / water / biscuits, a bed with more cushions than my entire house, nice original furniture and very importantly for me - free, fast wi-fi. The bathroom was equally as nicely appointed, if not better. It had just about the most powerful power shower I have ever used. The perfect wake-me-up in the morning!

Still jet-lagged, my colleague did not want to travel far in the evenings so we ate in restaurant for all 3 nights. What can I say, food of the highest quality of ingredients, preparation and presentation. Main courses may be a pound or two more than you would pay in a Harvester or similar, but this is 'real' food cooked by people who obviously care a great deal about the results. On the first night I ate the most sublime slow-cooked belly pork. It was butter-like in terms of tenderness and beautifully presented. I followed this up with a nice selection of local Sussex cheese and some rather nice oat biscuits. Again, the service could not be faulted.

After a great nights sleep (despite original, single glazed, metal framed windows, there was no perceptible noise from either the bar or exterior areas) the next mornings breakfast was a continuation of the previous evenings dinner. Impeccable service and quality of food. I highly recommend the eggs benedict! My colleague went for the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which also looked very good. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and tea / coffee / juice was very forthcoming.

And so our stay continued in the same vein for 3 enjoyable days. When you are working away from home, you really need a *haven* to return to, not just a room and a bed. The Lamb is just such a place - a haven of quality, care and Englishness. If and when I am working in the area again, I will have no hesitation in booking The Lamb as my first choice. I will also make the same recommendation to my colleagues.

Whilst checking out, I stated that I would be writing a positive TripAdvisor review. A lady checking out at the same time asked if I would add her to my review as she had no internet access - so please accept this review on behalf of 2 happy customers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here when visiting friends in Littlehampton over Easter. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were given nothing but the best attention, the staff were always on hand to answer questions.
The room was very comfortable and spacious and clean and the bed very comfortable.
Even though we did not eat in the restaurant if the breakfast was anything to go by we would.
We will return again the next time we are down visiting, it's a lovely place with a good atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few places locally as I have family in the area and I am so happy to have found The Lamb. The service is faultless: attentive without being over the top. The bar, restaurant and rooms have been completely reburbished since I last visited and they have done a beautiful job. We had forgotten our toddler bed which was no problem at all, they soon assembled a guest bed for him and even moved us to a bigger room to accomodate it. The decor in the rooms is similar to Lake District boutique hotels, really good quality and thoughtfully done. The wine is excellent and the food is way above the 'Gastro Inn' it describes itself as. We were down for a funeral so I am especially grateful to all the staff as we really felt looked after. I really can't recommend The Lamb enough. I definately won't be staying anywhere else when I am next down that way. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are charmingly named after previous landlords. We stayed in 'Old Wilkie' which is perfect if you have a child with you (the room could possible take two small children at a push)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the lamb this weekend, the accommodation was excellent and the staff were extremely friendly, showing an interest in why we were there. The cooked breakfast was excellent and makes the additional cost over a boring premier inn well worth it. Great value.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed overnight at the Lamb at Angmering last month and have not stopped talking about how wonderful it was. The food was some of the best that we have ever had and the accommodation was both stylish and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to make our stay lovely. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple