“Nice place”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This restaurant had been booked for us to accommodate a party of 8 to celebrate a special birthday. On reading earlier reviews (the negatives) I was not sure what to expect. Granted the place is small compared to some I have been to and I would not have wanted a table in the main entrance section of the restaurant as too cramped and this is where customers congregate whilst waiting for their coats to be returned.

We were fortunate to have a large table through the archway to the right of the entrance which was away from the main activity.

Service was friendly and efficient, food was excellent and a good evening had by all. 2 course meal for 8 with drinks saw a bill of £270 without service charge.

I would have given 5 stars if it had not had been for the rather inflated pricing of the individual dishes, but what price do you put on an enjoyable evening.

When doing an overall evaluation of an establishment from TripAdvisor reviews, take into account the number of good feedback comments in relation to the negatives. In this instance on looking at the negatives I would not have attended and how wrong would I have been. VERY.

1  Thank teenager65

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went to this restaurant for the second time on Saturday with some friends. It was busy. We were sat by the front windows and I had my back to them - it was very cold - suggest that this restaurant invests some of its profits in some double glazing. To the meal - food as always is very good but my gripe is with the portion sizes and the cost, which frankly is way too high for a small Sussex town - come on guys this is not central London. Our friend had a starter which purported to be a prawn and green apple salad and consisted of one prawn!!! My main course had only eight prawns in it. Overall disappointing and the service whilst being very polite, was too slow. Won't be returning in a hurry as feel a little "ripped off" - four people - £200.00. - starters and main courses only - 1 glass of wine and 5 beers.

1  Thank Sharon O
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A very nice restaurant. Good service and ambiance. Fresh food cooked very well and good attention to detail. We will definitely return. Busy even during the week and booking advisable. The only downside is that it is quite pricey.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Beautifully presented, and very tasty food, lots of flavour and service with a smile! Would recommend to family's and couples!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We have been to 13 a few times now, both lunch and dinner, and the standard remains the same...fantastic! The food is full of amazing flavours and the service is always great. It is always freshly cooked and the chef will tweek it to your taste, if need be. It is expensive and the portions may be a little small for some, but I never leave the restaurant feeling anything but satisfied and wanting to return. Which we certainly will!