“Best ever meal!”

Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to La Manoir for my wife's birthday and had the 7 course Taster Menu. It was quite simply the best meal I've ever had, every course was delicious, expertly cooked and presented. I've been to other top restaurants like The Fat Duck and Pierre Gagnaire, but this surpassed them all.

I loved the way that all courses were nicely intricate but never over complicated.

Hard to choose wine from such an extensive list.... when you see an index you know you need help ! The Sommelier was very friendly and recommended an excellent white and red that were well below £100.

We finished with a glass of port from the Jeroboam of Quinta do Noval which was fantastic.

All of the staff were great, not overly attentive but always there, and the dining area had a nice relaxed atmosphere.

A very expensive evening but worth the treat. We went for a walk around the gardens beforehand which I would recommend if you have time.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,281)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a ‘dining experience’ package for my 50th birthday, 6 months in advance. We had a lovely room ‘Holyhock’ in the main house with additional madeira wine, champagne, fruit and almonds.

We arrived in the afternoon. It was a sunny day we sat outside and had a lovely cup of tea and coffee. I could see a gentleman who seemed to be talking about what he was growing in the gardens with the gardeners. A young lady went up and asked him for a ‘selfie’. It turned out to be Raymond Blanc. I did not want to disturb him.

We sat outside whilst waiting for our evening meal and were served amuse-bouches. We were having the 7-course tasting menu.

The presentation and taste of the food was amazing. Yes, it is expensive but worth sampling such delightful food. The best tasting food I have ever had was the tomato gazpacho. We were only given a mouthful but what an exquisite flavour it was. Absolutely gorgeous. Other dishes included fish, agnotti and a tasty chocolate pudding with fruit jelly and sorbet. My partner wanted beer to drink and I was happy drinking the champagne we were given with some fruit juice. This did not seem to go down well with the wine sommelier which was a pity. It felt cramped in the dining room.
The breakfast the next day was wonderful and quite relaxed.

Just be careful when paying the bill. For us, it was really expensive I asked my partner to check and we noticed that we had been charged extra for deserts. However, once this had been pointed out it was soon rectified.

The gardens are a very interesting visit, they are absolutely amazing. I have never seen such a variety of fruit and vegetables grown in one place. It is worth a trip just to look around the gardens.

Overall, an amazing experience

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us went to Le Manor for a special lunch. The service was silky smooth and attentive throughout. We all had the 5 course set lunch menu - everything was of the highest quality. Drinks in the garden before, and coffee in the garden after. Just superb.

Yes, it's very expensive, but every aspect of our visit was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble.

Afterwards we walked round the gardens and chatted with some of the gardeners.

For us, this was a once in a lifetime event. But it was perfect, and a day we will all remember for many years.

10 out of 5!

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Lovely food! Great staff very friendly and welcoming! Overall a great experience. Would highly recommend

1  Thank AnneTimlin1965
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Greeted in car park in the rain with an umbrella. Check in and check out made easy. Breakfast in your suite is the best room service and cooked to perfection. Tea to your room is prompt and hot. Meal and wine flights lived up to expectations. Expensive but with it.