“Take note Petrus”

Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had lunch here on Sunday to celebrate my 50th and it doesn't get any better than this. The location, the building, the atmosphere and the food are all stunning. Be warned it is also stunningly expensive (£400 for two of us with a single £50 bottle of wine) but worth every penny in my opinion and we will definitely be returning, once I have saved up!

I cannot fault anything at all. All the staff are attentive but not overly so. Gardens are beautiful for a walk after lunch and the vegetable garden is fasinating.

Normally I stick to wines I know from Italy or France, but we decided to take a gamble and try an English wine, on the basis that Raymond Blanc wouldn't have it on the menu if it was that bad. Absolutely superb, try it. Stopham Estate Pinot Gris.

I have eaten at Petrus and strongly suggest they get their staff to visit Le Manoir as it will teach them what a proper, well run Michelin Star restaurant, should be like.

LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for joining us for your 50th Birthday celebrations ... bravo!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The best food, and the service was excellent. We also stayed at the hotel wich is beautifully decorated.

Your feedback on our food and service are really lovely to hear, thank you. I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Visited Raymond Blanc's hotel/restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday. Fabulous setting, very attentive service not pretentious very relaxed. We opted for the 5 course menu which included the best truffle risotto I've ever tasted especially as I'm not a risotto lover!! Excellent wine menu as expected and a nice touch to have your menu choices displayed on the table for you to retain as a momento. Waiters explained every course. Definitely worth a visit, expensive but worth the experience for a celebration. All our party of 6 thoroughly enjoyed

It is marvellous that your party enjoyed your friends birthday celebrations at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons. Ah, the truffle risotto .... so pleased it wowed you!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Not that i expected less..
We went to Le Manoir for my boyfriends birthday and it was unforgetable.
We both had 7 course tasting menu with wines coming with food. Upon arrival that's when the 5 star service started. Staff came out to open our car doors, then we had our coats taken and seated at the lounge for apéritif. Lovely canapes with drinks and olives. After we had to go to main restaurant for lunch. That cosy feeling with staff so friendly made as feel really comfortable.
And then they started to bring the food - i could describe every single dish now - but no faults at all. My boyfriend being a chef had to say that it was perfection. The star dish for us was the chocolate mousse with coconut water jelly and sorbert - it was like eating air with flavour. After 4 hours of food the Resataurant manager came to talk with us - lovely person - and gave us the feeling that we are always welcomed back. After our meal we went for a walk around the gardens - beautiful place!
You pay for what you get. Next time definitely we will stay overnight there.
Thank you Le manoir Team for an amazing experience!

1  Thank Chanteley

The chocolate mousse is one of my favourites too! I am pleased your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday celebrations with us.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We celebrated recently at Le Manoir both staying in one of their courtyard rooms called "Sandalwood" and experiencing the superb food and hospitality.
The presentation ,quality ingredients and delicious flavours we experienced can only be described as superb ,we chose a 5 course set menu and each dish was presented and described precisely by our table waiter.
Honestly speaking everything was faultless,the attention to detail in the rooms,the food, the ambience and the beautiful gardens just add to the experience .
The passion for food shown by Raymond and his team is actually second to none.
Of course, it is expensive however, I would say if it's not affordable don't go but if you want to treat yourself to a wonderful experience then it is a pleasure no to be missed.!

We will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank gulliver007London

I am delighted that you chose Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons for your celebration.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.