“Saturday lunch”

Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst beautiful gardens in the rural Cotswolds countryside, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is a gourmet hotel in Oxfordshire. Located in the picturesque village of Great Milton, this luxury hotel combines breathtaking surroundings with gastronomic excellence. The quaint streets of Oxford city centre are a 20-minute drive, whilst London Heathrow Airport is 60km away. Home to Raymond Blanc's Cookery School, one of Britain's finest culinary academies, this enchanting hotel offers French-inspired cuisine at the 2 Michelin-starred restaurant. Using only the best seasonal produce, freshly picked from the hotel's extensive vegetable and herb gardens, guests are invited to embark on an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a treat the Manoir, a special occasion and a good excuse to treat a special person. We didn't drink and it cost £280! It was an experience as we had the 7 course lunch. It was a bit strange, with too much variety really and when. Thought about it it made me feel bit sicky! We had watercress soup, scallop, octopus, olive jelly, tomato, salted cod, lamb, sweetbreads, risotto, goats cheese, strawberry, peach, meringue, rhubarb, sorbet. It was an experience, the gardens are lovely.
We did get greeted as Mr and Mrs, my husband died 7 years ago so that was very insensitive and we did order coffee and cake in the garden that took too long to come, so we left.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had the pleasure of treating ourselves to an evening at Le Manoir. I was able to obtain a table on a Thursday evening with only a couple of days notice. On arrival we had a stroll around the grounds, which were lovely, walking through the vegatable garden area and onto the pond. Our reception was impeccible as to be expected. We experienced nothing but the best service throughout the evening. The food was very good having the 6 course tasting menu. The portions were typically small but delicious and we ended the meal feeling comfortable. The only reason that I have not given full rating is because of the price. Whilst the majority of people who visit are probably very wealthy and accept the price, I feel that it was just too much. BUT that did not stop me from enjoying every moment.

LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear ChrisSurbiton,

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that you a fantastic time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I decided that we deserved a treat and called up the night before in hope of securing a table for the following evening. Although a little nervous about the whole experience, I never felt so relaxed. The waiting staff were amazing and explained everything as you went along so there was no need to feel embarrassed about protocol. The food was out of this world and we were also provided with a few extra treats along the way. We expected it to be expensive, but it was worth every penny.

Dear Frances B,

Thank you for sharing your Le Manoir experience.

I am glad that you felt relaxed and enjoyed your time with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Dining at Le Manoir has been included on my bucket list for quite a while and so my husband offered to take me there for lunch to celebrate my 65th birthday. We decided to stay in the middle of Oxford in the Old Bank Hotel (see my review) for a few days so that we could explore that wonderful city rather than stay at Le Manoir itself. We opted for a lunch at Le Manoir. It was a sunny day and we arranged a car to take us to and from Le Manoir (about 20 minutes' drive from central Oxford). Upon arrival at the entrance, we were treated to the most wonderful service and were made to feel really special. This treatment was not exclusive to us - every visitor enjoyed the same treatment. We had champagne and amuse-bouches in the lounge whilst we chose our meals. We selected the 5 course taster menu with a couple of changes where we substituted a course from the a la carte menu. Logistically, it is important for all members of the party to opt for the same menu as it would be incredibly difficult for the waiting staff to exquisitely serve some party members with three courses and some with five courses. Having opted for the taster menu we were seated in the conservatory which was light and airy with a lovely ambience. But what about the food? It was truly the best meal that I have ever had coupled with the best service (and both my husband and I have dined in some pretty good places during our lives). We are foodies and so the staff were only too pleased to give us some details about each dish. The courses were all exquisitely prepared and served as well as tasting wonderful. We opted to have the wines recommended by the sommelier for each course which meant that our bar bill was actually a bit more expensive than the five course lunch. However, every wine was distinctive and just added to the great dining experience. We also purchased a Raymond Blanc cookery book which was signed by the maestro as a memento of the occasion and I must say that it is a really good cookery book, filled with great recipes and foodie tips. I asked if it was possible to have a tour of the kitchens and was advised that this would be possible at the end of service. We met and were able to chat with some of the chefs who had prepared our unforgettable meal. My husband and I also went for a walk around the grounds which are simply lovely. Finally, we got a glimpse of Raymond as he was dashing off to catch a train. In conclusion, I would say that Le Manoir aux Quatre Saisons is the perfect place to go for a special occasion and we can't wait for our next "big" birthday to do it all again!

Dear Janet C,

What a lovely review, thank you for sharing. We hope that you are enjoying your new cookbook?

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

One of the very best restaurants in the UK. Stunning food and faultless service - where they understand your own needs before you do! I have been a couple of times before but my visit yesterday was even better. I love that it isn't at all stuffy - it's relaxed and elegant. The grounds are also beautiful and if you are lucky enough to be able to stay there then I urge you to do so. Can't wait for my next visit.

LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Karen T,

Thank you for your kind words Karen.
We have shared your comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.