“Performance Art”

Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Performance Art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had lunch there with my wife, a birthday present from our children.

This is culinary performance art at its very best, albeit at a huge price.

The food was beyond excellent although I thought the cheese board priced at £28 was frankly absurd. The wine list is extensive and pricy, but of excellent quality; we chose a New Zealand sauvignon blanc which was the finest I have ever tasted.

The young staff were very well trained and a credit to the owner. As you would expect there was a very high ratio of staff to guests and they anticipated every need, almost before you were aware of it yourself. At no time did we feel they were hovering around us.

I am a coeliac and the menu was tailored to my allergy to gluten in a way which is not always the case, even in expensive restaurants.

After the meal we took a walk in the gardens which was a wonderful way to finish off what was for us, a perfect dining experience.

The whole performance teetered on the edge of pretentious but at no time toppled over into it.

Everybody who has the money should try this at least once. Beware the cheese board!

• Visited June 2013
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear martyn h,

What a wonderful birthday present! Thank you for sharing your Le Manoir experience.

Have a wonderful day and we hope to see again you soon.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir

• Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This is THE best meal I have ever had...Pure excellence on every level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was my parents double 70th birthday as well as their golden wedding anniversary, so I wanted to really treat them. Ok I pushed the boat out, because this place is seriously, seriously expensive....but actually its worth it.

We had the nine course Menu Decouverte together with 6 paired wines, which rocked in at £1300 for four...but it simply was the best dining experience of my life. Every single course was amazing, the wine was beautifully paired as well as an adventure we really enjoyed. Every single member of the super attentive staff were experts in their field and really championed "the best customer service we can possibly deliver - all the time".

Clearly you don;t come to a place like this all the time (unless you;re a lottery winner!) but definately do come here, its an incredible experience.

• Visited June 2013
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear OrgasmicCry,

What a wonderful reason to come and celebrate at Le Manoir. I am pleased that you all had such a fantastic time with us.

Have a great weekend.

Bad Hindelang, Germany
“Perfect for a really special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything about Le Manoir magnificant. I have been lucky enough to have eaten here twice, and both times were truly exceptional experiences. If money is no object, this is the place to go. From the very beginning, all apects of this establishment are special, from the beauty of the building's exterior, the lavender trimmed entrance path and suble outside lighting, to the staff, interiors, service, and of course, the cuisine. Starting off with aperitifs in one of the attractive drawing rooms, we were treating with a range of complimentary delicious canapes. After our leisurely drink, we were then shown our table in one of the most attractive dining rooms. My two course meal was exquisite. Visually the food is a work of art, beautifully presented, but without being too fussy or over-the-top. The flavours truly compliment each other, and all the ingredients are exceptional, the tastes are mouthwatering. This is food at its best. After our meal, we settled down again in one of the drawing rooms for coffee, and complimentary petite fours.

• Visited January 2013
Dear Susannah P,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your Le Manoir experience.
We are so pleased that you felt it was magnificent.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Abergavenny
“Best meal ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I don't think words can express the perfection of the experience of the menu de printemps evening meal at the Manoir. Just unbelievable service, food and drink from start to finish. Worth every single penny.

Next time am going in the daylight to enjoy the splendid gardens as well.

Don't miss out on this place. Better than Le Gavroche in London and Helen Darroze in Paris my two previous best meals.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Lawrence W,

We look forward to seeing you soon! Daylight at Le Manoir is very different to night time, although both are equally magical.

Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir
Herts
“Amazing what you can do with vegetables!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant as a party of 8, and opted for the 9 course 'tasting' menu. At £154 per head it is the most expensive meal we have ever had. Personally I don't think any meal, however good, justifies paying this much (drinks were extra). Especially when you are vegetarian so no expensive cuts of meat etc required! However the food was outstanding, in presentation, taste, balance, combinations of flavours, and just the right amount. Although when I finished the 5th course, a delicious risotto, I was getting pretty full. That was followed by a cheese course which was the only one I was not keen on, then three fabulous desserts. I would have liked a bit of a break before the desserts came out but it was getting pretty late and I guess the staff wanted to go home! Goes without saying that the service was impeccable. Wouldn't rush back unless someone else was paying...but all in all a wonderful dining experience. My non-veggie partner was mainly impressed with his meat and fish courses, although he felt his lamb rack was slightly underdone (and he tends to eat his meat rare). Hence the Very Good rating rather than Excellent.

• Visited June 2013
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

It was marvellous to hear that you enjoyed our 9 course vegetarian menu.

We hope to see you again