We stayed here for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the experience was wonderful from start to finish. The staff are superb and the hotel and grounds are magical. We had booked a junior suite, Boticelli, and it was lovely , very comfortable and beautifully decorated just as you hope an English country house would be. The bathroom was fantastic;two roll top baths under a canopy. We settled in and then went for a walk around the grounds. Do make time for this, the gardens are lovely especially the Japanese garden and there are some lovely sculptures in all the gardens.
We spoke to reception after we had afternoon tea because we could hear noise from the kitchen in our room (directly above) and we were slightly concerned about this. We were hoping for complete relaxation and tranquility. We were immediately offered an upgrade to a choice of suite. Lemongrass was the one! This suite is amazing. It is exquisitely decorated and had every imaginable luxury including
it's own steam room and a flat screen tv that came out of the ceiling! Pure luxury. The food and wine we enjoyed that evening was delicious, certain dishes, sublime even! My husband had ordered a bouquet of flowers and the resident florist prepared the most gorgeous display of roses. Yes I have used a lot of superlatives. Try
Le Manoir and you will too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is renowned for offering one of Britain's finest gastronomic experiences. Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, it is also one of the country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen-and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School-with ultra-fresh, organic produce, ensuring the Michelin-star restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Aux Quat`Saisons By Orient-Express Hotel Great Milton
- Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Aux Quatre Saisons
- Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Le Manoir Quatre Saisons
- Manor Quatre Saisons
- Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons Great Milton, Oxfordshire, England