“All we hoped for and more”

Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Milton
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“All we hoped for and more”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at Le Manoir as I had been given a "Chef for the Day" experience by my husband. From the moment we arrived we were looked after in a careful but unobtrusive way. We stayed in the delightful Provence Suite which was fabulous in every detail. Dinner was the 9 course decouverte menu with accompanying wines, and we were well impressed by the young female sommelier. The food was delicious, even more so as I had seen in the kitchen the care that is taken in creating each dish. All in all this was an amazing experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MyGrapevine
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Snip900,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your 'Chef for a day' with us, and that we were all you had hoped for and more.
We look forward to seeing you both soon.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This occasion made us book, something we had been intending to do for years. The whole 24 hours at Le Manoir was superb and we have already planned our next visit !! We chose to stay in the room Emily, on entering we found two personally signed cards. One from the General Manager and the other from Le Patron congratulating us on our anniversary. Merci M. Blanc, c'etait tres gentil. So much as been written by other reviewers that it is not necessary for me to add further. Comments about loud Oligard people was certainly unfound on our visit!!! Thank you to a superb team and especially to a young man called Brad in the restaurant who will go far in his chosen career. He might only be 19 but he has totally captured what his patron wants his visitors to experience, a real ambassador for the Le Manoir experience.

Room Tip: Emily is at the end of the corridor, it is v spacious, but beware if you are very tall as there is a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann B,

Congratulations on your Silver Wedding Celebration at Le Manoir.
We share all comments with the team here and I know Brad will be especially pleased with yours. Thank you for letting us know.

Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again soon.

surrey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I booked lunch at Le Manoir as a birthday present for my Mum. It was an inspired choice!
The food was the best I have ever tasted and the wines were excellent. The service was faultless and we found all the staff very knowledgeable and professional while maintaining a friendly manner which put us at our ease and ensured that we had a truly wonderful time.
Prior to our arrival I had informed Le Manoir that I have a nut allergy and had also arranged for a birthday cake (absolutely delicious) to be served with our coffees after the meal. I didn't need to mention anything about this on arrival as all the staff were aware of my allergy and the cake arrived exactly on cue. This level of organisation is something I have not previously experienced, even in similarly michelin starred establishments.
We were lucky that the (final) arrival of summer meant that we could sit outside for drinks and coffees and also walk around the gardens which are fabulous and extremely well maintained with lots of different areas cleverly linked together. All of these elements added to our enjoyment of the experience and set it above other restaurants and hotels we have visited.
Although it was never going to be the cheapest lunch we have eaten, I found Le Manoir excellent value for money, simply because of the amount of investment that has been put into everything involved in ensuring guests have a wonderful experience.
I hope one day to enjoy a dining experience as good again, but I don't know if it is possible, unless I go back to Le Manoir!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear C1D1,

What a wonderful review, thank you for sharing. I am so pleased you had a wonderful experience with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Painswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have lunched and dined on several occasions, the greatest problem was to drive home to near London.

We solved that the other Christmas and stayed in one of their junior suites which was excellent as one would expect at the Blanc establishment. the food was to die for and the service from arrival to departure as always was attentive and discreet, always there at a glance, without the modern continuous question " if your meal alright?", at Le Manoir that stupid question is most unnecessary. Thank you Raymond and all your vast staff.

Room Tip: Bite the bullet and opt for at least a Junior Suite if staying for one night, less than one night af...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LeManoirAdmin, General Manager at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear animula1

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback.

Your generous comments are very much appreciated.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons.
Colchester
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife took me here as a special treat, together with friends, and my expectations were exceeded in spades!! Our room (Bluebell), was lovely, although I would have liked a king sized bed (but a very minor point). Enormous en suite, with large bath and shower, plus his and her basins, and certainly more than enough towels. Staff were brilliant, our every need catered for. Dinner, the decouverte experience, was sensational. I have never eaten better! A wonderful experience we shall remember with pleasure

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ColchesterCch
LeManoirAdmin, Owner at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear ColchesterCch,

What a wonderful way to spend a birthday. I am so pleased to read that we lived up to your expectations and more.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Faultless in every aspect, I booked dinner for our silver wedding anniversary and as you would expect the service is five star from the moment your arrive until you depart. We both had the six course sampler menu and every course was excellent. For the average person this is going to be for those special occasions as it will cost around £150 - £200 per head including wine.
All in all it was as you would expect from this type of restaurant - faultless !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BurlingtonBobLondon,

Congratulations once again on celebrating your Silver wedding anniversary with us and I was pleased to read that your time with us was faultless.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I just can't fault this place at all not one little bit, only the dinner which is minor I suppose.
I booked this hotel for my husband's birthday and it REALLY didn't disappoint the attention to detail in this place was spot on!!
I booked the The Decouverte Experience which included an overnight stay in a superior room, 9 course dinner, half bottle of Le Manoir Chateaux de Boursault in room & breakfast. This was an expensive night but really wanted to treat my husband after many a surprise from him!!!
Upon arrival in the Car Park they came & collected our bags, we checked in and we had a mini tour around the place upon which the manager said everything was at our disposal and to just snoop around anywhere in the gardens & hotel he then took us to our room which had been upgraded, the room was to die for & the bathroom quite honestly the best I've been in for a hotel. Monsieur Blanc has done exceptional here!!
Dinner was superb however we could have chose a 6 course instead of 9 which I wished we'd opted for as the only slight niggle I had was that the courses came out with just to long between each one, we sat down to eat at around 8.30 and finished close to midnight. The food itself was just gorgeous and flavours that really complimented each other.
If your looking to treat someone special and not to worried for the night about the price I REALLY would recommend Le Manoir.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bayshay
Dear bayshay,

Thank you for writing about your experience at Le Manoir, your stay with us sounded wonderful.
The pace of our dinner service can always be tailored to suit your needs, when you return please let us know how long you would like us to leave between courses.

Raymond Blanc and the team at Le Manoir
The Oxford Belfry
The Oxford Belfry
#2 of 2 in Milton Common
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,658 reviews

Been to Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons? Share your experiences!